New Site up and running!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Site up and running!

Ok everyone. We now have a new site affiliated with 60V6.com and that is 3x00swap.com. And this is the forum for that website. So, if you have questions regarding 3x00 swaps, or hybrid engine builds, put them here from now on. If you already have a swap or hybrid build completed, but have performance or maintenance questions, please continue to use the Pushrod forums for those questions.

And, if you check out the site, you will see that it is currently pretty bare. We are looking for people to contribute to the site by writing articles, guides, parts lists, etc, so that we can make it as successful of a site as this site has become. But we need everybody's help to do it! If you wish to contribute, please send an email to admin@3x00swap.com, and we can discuss everything from there.

Most likely, the way I see it panning out is, there will be an new Articles section created, and all contributed content will be placed in the Articles section. The articles can then be converted to a PDF file for people to save and/or print out for later use. I haven't tried it to see if it works with photos or not, but hopefully it will.

Anyway, if you have questions or comments, feel free to post them up. Thanks!
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

This is a great idea. I suggest sections like

Swap:
    .gen 2 to gen3
    .3100 to 3400
    .3100 to 3500
    .3400 to 3500

and

Hybrid
    .3.1mpfi to gen3 top end,
    .3100 to 3400 top end
    .3400 to 3500 top end
    .3100 small port to large port intake swap
    ..non roller rocker heads
    ..roller rocker heads

Throttle body upgrades
    52 to 56
    what to do with 3500 upper
    65mm LX5 TB, CNC options etc.
    Last edited by IsaacHayes; 06-05-2009, 10:34 AM.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

No love for the 2.8 mpfi to gen 3 top end?

Comment

Originally posted by ghrarhg View Post
        No love for the 2.8 mpfi to gen 3 top end?
        Ditto

Comment

I'm all for it if someone is able to provide the information. I personally have never even messed with a Gen 2 engine, so trying to put together an article that discusses it is not something I feel comfortable putting out there. But, in all honesty, it should be exactly the same as (or pretty damn close to) the 3.1 mpfi to Gen 3 top end.
          -Brad-
          sigpic

Comment

I sent an email to admin@3x00swap, i'm assuming that's you. I would be willing to do a write up for the MPFI 2.8 to 3400 top end (with a tgp setup plus a few other upgrades) if there's use for it.

Might be useful for the W-body crowd, as most stuff I found was J-body related.

Comment

Any and everything will be beneficial for that site, since nothing currently exists for it (well, ok the 3400 Swap Guide is there). And platform specific items are great as well, since specific platforms require slight differences for similar swaps.
              -Brad-
              sigpic

Comment

I can do a small port to large port intake manifold swap, and a few other things.
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

Write it up in Word or whatever, email it to admin@3x00swap.com, and I will get it up on the site as an article. Include as many pictures as possible!! As far as the pictures go, you can either place them in the middle of the content, or just enter the filename where is applies, then send the photos separately, I can made it all work that way as well.
                  -Brad-
                  sigpic

Comment

HTML ok? I don't like non ASCII formats :P
                    Original L82 Longblock
                    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

That's fine.
                      -Brad-
                      sigpic

Comment

Still waiting on content...

I have added a blog to the site as well so I can track the Mustang build.
                        -Brad-
                        sigpic

Comment

I'll have an OBD1.5 to OBD1 for L body document sometime during winter, which will also contain how to tune etc in it.
                          Original L82 Longblock
                          with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

That will probably end up on 60V6, not 3x00swap. But who knows...
                            -Brad-
                            sigpic

Comment

reminds me:

robertisaar gives full consent to the owners of 60degreev6.com to redistribute files as desired.

i'm sure you already had that right when i registered an account, but it's a symbolic thing, ya dig?
                              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                              Latest nAst1 files here!
                              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X