No announcement yet.

How to swap 3.4l and 4t45 to 3.8 4t65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats how Eric is... he doesn't make exceptions, kind of like chuck norris...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

lol nice.
      understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

If you want help it is all over here and I would be the first one to offer assistance and parts if I have themn and you need them.

Just be upfront.

If the budget is an issue, that is fine. We have ALL been there.

Your 3400 can make good power and the trans issue IMHO is a red hearing unless you are looking to beat the living crap out of it.

Swaps are expensive and involved!

I know all about it!

Just be upfront with what you would like to do and there is LOTS of help here.

PEACE!!

Comment

deal. i want to be able to put atleast 250hp through the tranny, which ever one is good for it. im an absolute retard when it comes to tranny knowledge...about my only handicap. just dnt want to hav to worry bout breakage as the cars a daily driver, once i start addin hp
          understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Comment

would like to see 10psi on the motor, that i can take care of, borla exhaust, cold air, and a tune, etc
            what would you guys run for a set up? keep the 4t45 or ditch it?

Comment

According to my mechanic who has race experience and builds custom trannies for several cars he sponsors, the 4t45e can handle 300 hp from the engine if it is naturally aspirated. it can handle a bit more if turbo-ed since the spooling nature of the turbo doesn't send all power immediately to the drivetrain. (it has to build up "steam" so to speak).

If that still doesn't make you comfortable get a 4t65e as it should fit and can handle 400hp or so stock. the 4t65hd isn't worth it since the parts made "heavy duty" were not parts that needed to be made stronger so the extra cost wouldn't be worth it. the swap will be a bit time consuming tho since you'll have to reprogram or replace (i'm not sure which) the PCM and or the ECU. If being able to handle 400 hp is not enough, take the money you didn't spend on the HD and a couple of bucks more and have parts cryo treated or replaced with hardened steel. then it should be able to handle 700 hp or more.

Comment

Originally posted by fastdomestic View Post
                a 3.8 is definately not the horse power option man, that i know and i am not a dumb ass. its just that i have access to one real easy and im broke...lol aren't we all?
                i know i am!! and when im not, my money goes into my cars & beer

Comment

Ya i ve been doing some research on grandamGt.com and milzy motorsports and a sixspeed swap can be done for $3500. i think that will be the route i will take when it blows up. till then ima just going to keep addin hp thanx for the info though bobgagt 1.0

Comment

The 6 speed is not performance oriented. The gearing isn't that great and I have heard its not smooth to shift, if that matters.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                    X