3.4L L32 Hybrid Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L L32 Hybrid Pics

Would someone please be kind enough to post some pics of a 3400 topend swap on a L32 3.4? Preferrably with the engine installed in vehicle, but anything will do. If pics cannot be had easily, links to the pics will suffice.

Any topend swap will be fine, it does not have to be limited to the 3400 topend.

These pics will be for reference only. I have looked through photobucket and literally looked through every 60 deg. V6 and Fbody forum and so far i have only found pics of the components (heads, uim, etc) but none with the swap actually performed with the engine installed in the vehicle and finished. I think this would be viable reference (if not inspiration) to the 60deg v6 fbody owners out there, including myself.

Thanks in advance!
    sigpic
    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
    252000mi. All original

Anyone?
    sigpic
    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
    252000mi. All original

Comment

Wow, I thought for sure that SOMEONE on here performed this swap.....Not even Forced Firebird? Nah Im not gonna force myself to believe that!! C'mon guys! Dont yall want to show off your hard work?
      sigpic
      94 Firebird 3.4 DD
      252000mi. All original

Comment

Forced is still in the middle of his own swap. Look up and email via the site a guy named 94Camaro. Russell is his name and he was one of the first to do the swap. He's not around here very often anymore, but I'm sure he can get you some pics of his install.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Check with John... (Forced Firebird) He is the preeminent expert on these swaps and has tons of images from his shop and work. Hope its not TABOO to post a link to a competitive forum (Mods...please advise If I have done wrong...Thanks)

Last edited by 60dgrzbelow0; 06-22-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
            Forced is still in the middle of his own swap. Look up and email via the site a guy named 94Camaro. Russell is his name and he was one of the first to do the swap. He's not around here very often anymore, but I'm sure he can get you some pics of his install.
            Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to do that.
            sigpic
            94 Firebird 3.4 DD
            252000mi. All original

Comment

Originally posted by 60dgrzbelow0 View Post
              Check with John... (Forced Firebird) He is the preeminent expert on these swaps and has tons of images from his shop and work. Hope its not TABOO to post a link to a competitive forum (Mods...please advise If I have done wrong...Thanks)

http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums...ad.php?t=41574
              Thanks for the link! And I havent come across that thread yet! Yeah Ive been digging around FTV6 and 60deg. for threads with a fully installed and finished 3400/3500 topend completed on a RWD platform, but have only come up short by only pictures of the components. I am pretty sure though that I have a good idea of all that is involved with the swap and my 94 Camaro is my candidate for the swap. The engine needs to be rebuilt anyway
              sigpic
              94 Firebird 3.4 DD
              252000mi. All original

Comment

Didn't catch this thread until now. This is one of my customers' car.

Custom cam, LS6 springs, 3400 UIM, 3500 heads, RKS headers, running 11.5:1 SCR and MegaSquirt for tunung...

You guys weren't looking very hard

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 06-23-2009, 09:14 AM.
                Links:
                WOT-Tech.com
                FaceBook
                Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the post John I really appreciate it. I just couldnt seem to find a thread with pics tho, i guess i looked over that thread although I dont see how. Ive got a 3.4 in a 94 camaro that needs to be rebuilt (bottom end knocks at 3500 rpm its been knockin for 2yrs like that and it suffers from low oil pressure at idle, the car was parked last month) and Ive had the car since 04 and It holds a special place in my heart so im gonna throw some 3400 pistons in it along with some fresh rings and bearings along with the topend swap. It has 277000 mi on the clock, but its not the original engine. So yea thats the story behind my project.

And Im not gonna bore yall with asking the "needed" parts because yall have well over enough threads on here explaining the whole thing haha. yall chant that stuff like a mantra!! And sad enough most people that ask doesnt actually pull through and do the swap.

On another note.....does 124.00 sound about right for a complete 3400 engine from a JY? I went prowling over the weekend and came across a couple of Aleros and 3 1999??? GAs with the 3400 in them.
                  sigpic
                  94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                  252000mi. All original

Comment

I know John is pulling together a how-to guide, slowly but surely, but any other info you can provide, please do, as I will add it to the 3x00swap.com site. Then, when more people come to look for the info, it will be in a nice, centralized spot.
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Wow, that's nice!!!! I bet that hauls!!! RWD wooot!

I've wondered about these setups and wanted to look at them before too.
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
                        Wow, that's nice!!!! I bet that hauls!!! RWD wooot!

I've wondered about these setups and wanted to look at them before too.

Well, he sold his LT1 Z28 in favor of the 3.4/3500 if that tells you anything

He's complaining about the tire smoke He's in the Air Force so his time tuning has been sporadic, but that was with VERY conservative timing and fuel not completely dialed in.

I've had a few more customers, but some haven't completed yet, and some aren't very computer-literate and didn't post pics.

Maybe we can coax 923.4v6 into posting some pics, and I know both Russel and Wolf have pics posted on various sites.

EDIT:

Found a pic of Wolf's car in progress...

Last edited by ForcedFirebird; 06-23-2009, 04:51 PM.
                        Links:
                        WOT-Tech.com
                        FaceBook
                        Instagram

Comment

Oh yeah, mine isn't running, but I have a mock-up engine in the car to build the turbo kit around...

Links:
                          WOT-Tech.com
                          FaceBook
                          Instagram

Comment

Very awesome to say the least. I love the design of the 3x00 topend, and why in the hell didnt GM do a better job designing the L32 topend? I mean this is a no brainer IMO.

Im gonna take a picture of the current set up in the Camaro...its just a bone stock 3.4 but I would like to take some pics for yall to see as well as have some perspective of what i have to deal with.

Edit: Forced I forgot to mention that i like your 3rd Gen. A 3rd gen bird was my first car, it had the 2.8L MPFI and was also the first 60 that I rebuilt, I was 16 when I rebuilt it and man was it a learning experience. Haha Im almost ashamed to say this. I thought everything was going good went to fire up the freshly rebuilt motor only to find out that i didnt have any compression on 3 cyl. 1 on the left bank 2 on the right bank. I had to pull the motor and tear it down and the culprit was I didnt have the piston ring gaps properly spaced. Once i did this it fired right up! Man that was the good old days!!!
                            Last edited by Firehawk94; 06-23-2009, 05:23 PM. Reason: Adding compliment
                            sigpic
                            94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                            252000mi. All original

Comment

Here is what I have

Sorry for the small picture I dont have a photobucket account yet.
                              sigpic
                              94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                              252000mi. All original

Comment

Working...
                              X