compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatibility question

I have a '99 Pontiac Montana with the 3400 in it. It recently threw a rod and I need to get this engine replaced. I have been offered a free running 3100 that supposedly came from a '95 Olds Cutlass Ciera. Is it possible to either swap the 3400 for the 3100 or make a hybrid from the 3100 bottom end and 3400 top end. With the hybrid idea, I'm not even sure if it would be necessary to make it that complicated if a simple engine swap would work. What other issues should I be looking at? Will the 'puter from the Olds be necessary to run the 3100, or will the 3400 'puter run the 3100? I need to let this guy know asap whether or not I will need this engine before he simply scraps it.
    Thanks all!

If you swap the 3400 heads and up, you can use that 3100 with your computer.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

OK, so there doesn't seem to be damage to the block itself. I'm assuming that the rods and oil pan are similar if not the same...the specs from this site for the 3100 and 3400 list the same stroke. Would the crank be the same as well? I don't want to assume anything, so I'm off to tear off the bottom end and compare. Any input here as to whether or not oil pan, rods and crankshaft are interchangeable would also be appreciated. Thanks all!

Comment

Yes, everything between the 2 is interchangable and/or the same.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Now, if only there were an easy way to get to the oil pan with the engine still in the van...where's that "Easy" button when you need it!

Comment

Hello everyone, I started the conversion to OBD2 on my Pontiac Grand 94. now i have a lot of problems but one is, with the connection wirings of the 96 ABS Computer module, toward the connector C100: Engine Harnnes To IP / Harness. I would to adapt the 96 Engine Harnnes ,with the 94 C100 connector which has many more wirings !! Thanks .There someone who is so kind to could and solve this little knot! thank all, from switzerland. Bye

Comment

Originally posted by Grand am gt switzerland View Post
              Hello everyone, I started the conversion to OBD2 on my Pontiac Grand 94. now i have a lot of problems but one is, with the connection wirings of the 96 ABS Computer module, toward the connector C100: Engine Harnnes To IP / Harness. I would to adapt the 96 Engine Harnnes ,with the 94 C100 connector which has many more wirings !! Thanks .There someone who is so kind to could and solve this little knot! thank all, from switzerland. Bye
              sorry 3100 V6 !!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand am gt switzerland View Post
                sorry 3100 V6 !!

Comment

Working...
                X