intersting idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intersting idea

well in the spring i am 70% certine i am selling hte GPGT. i have been wanting a 81-87 G-body ever since my old 82 GP was stolen well here is my idea/ question. has any one put a 60*V6 in a g-body? if so how hard would it be? i fugure i can use a 700R4 from a 80's camaro or early 90's (before OBD2) then use a harness and computer from a GA or simaler 3x00 car and just zero out the transmission section making it think the car is a manual.

any other imput woould be nice just bench racing at this point

for now it would probably be a stock engine going in the car i figure even the 160 HP 3.4L is still better then the 305HO (150-ish) the cars left the factory with lol
    92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

the HO305(l69) had 180hp and 240Tq if i remember correctly... if you can make motor mounts, i don't see why you couldn't do it. you're tuning changes don't sound like the most sound way to do it either... for simplicity you could run a 1227727 that way you won't run into tranny issues and have a well documented ECM.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

never thought of that. is that a OBD1? or OBD2 pcm? i plan on going bigger just want it stock for proof of concept (less bugs to work out and easier to tune)

i will do a search on the PCM though

seems that is is a OBD1 PCM i would really like a OBD2 though becuase i have HPT and a scan guage already
      Last edited by 01GPGT; 08-06-2009, 11:01 PM.
      92 LeBaron Convert: Does it run yet? 03 Silverado 2500HD ecsb 4x4 6.0L: dual 3" in/out race "muffler" 2005 Ford Taurus SE 3.0: DD from california

Comment

stick with obd2 then, but i'm thinking you will have driveability issues if your going to "remove" the tranny code like that.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

all i would be doing is making it think it is a manual but ya i see what you mean hmm

to bad all the RWD 60* engines where obd1. i will give this some thought i don't want to mess any thing up (wich is why i am asking now before i even have the car)

Comment

Originally posted by 01GPGT View Post
            all i would be doing is making it think it is a manual but ya i see what you mean hmm

to bad all the RWD 60* engines where obd1. i will give this some thought i don't want to mess any thing up (wich is why i am asking now before i even have the car)
            actually there are 60* RWD motors that are obd2...

the 3.6DOHC comes to mind in both flavors, but i would prefer the 300HP direct injected model...
            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

that engines a little to expensive for me lol

and i don't think the harness and PCM would be compatible with a 3.4 (even though i would like a 3400 i know there are starter and block modifications needed)

Comment

yea a 3400 would be FAR superior to the 305 in every area but actual sound (those extra 2 cylinders just sound MEAN, even on a 305...). that trans would work or you could probably just get a different bellhousing, youd also have to relocate the starter to the opposite side of the transmission as well as probably change the fuel pump, but im also not 100% on that one either depending...

youd have to completely wire in the 3400 & a compatible ecm as well, the stock equipment just isnt anywhere near what you are looking for.

Comment

yup planing on cutting the side of the trans for cleance GM did it in the 80's for there dual pattern bellhousings (b-o-p and chevy) i will most likely got OBD1 with the 7730 force_firebird was telling me abought a ostridge? thing that will let me tune on the fly then burn a chip later

for the fuel i can get a 4.3L TBI tank and a fuel pump assembly from a TPI car. the TPI runs at abought 50psi like most MPI sytems so that s taken care of

but ya the wiring will be fun but it's been done by a few peaple i have actualy found swap harnesses for the 3400. also thinking of just doing a 3500 since they are the same cost at my local yard

Comment

if they are roughly the same cost definitely go for the 3500

Comment

Originally posted by no_doz View Post
                      if they are roughly the same cost definitely go for the 3500
                      CANNOT argue with that..
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

there is no roughly it's the exact same price for any engine no matter the miles. it's is highlt amusing lmao

Comment

don't suppose there are any 90-95 ZR1 vettes there?

i'll take a LT5 for $350. the upper intake alone is worth more than $500, if you could even find one....

at those prices, it wouldn't be a bad idea to look for a 3900....
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

nope no LT5

don't think there are any 3900s eather. but the 3900 would be tricky to get the VVT to work

Comment

not necessarily, since someone either suggested or did use the shift light output to control the VVT and variable intake...

or you could use the 3500non-VVT intake to deal with that issue.
                              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                              X