no start trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no start trouble.

so i swapped a 3400 out of a 2000 grand am se into my 1997 cav. i used all the grand am wiring and hookups and all that and now i just recently got spark to the engine.a problem ive been having.i have another post in another forum. anyway it fires now and almost catches but back fires and then almosts seem like the engine binds up a bit and comes free again..so close to having it running..any one have any ideas?

firing order wrong?

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

135 across the back and 246 along the front and L/R 543621.standing up looking from the front of the car..i think thats what its supposed to be..thats the way i have it

Comment

-Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

You have wires 2 and 4 switched around.
          -Brad-
          89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
          sigpic
          Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

wam bam thank you ma'am i guessed something right on the first try!

Comment

well...i guess that'll explain why it wont go..lol..thanks..i'll be looking into it first thing in the morning

Comment

morning?? wtf? get out there with a lighter, or a cell phone or something that makes light and get er done!! lol jk. im the kinda guy who wont wait to do something i can do now. hahaha if its easier to do later? well thats when i sit back and relax.

Comment

lol..i really should have i suppose. its in my garage right next to the house.i was just lazy after being out there all day.. and besides, when i first got it to spark i damn near gave me a heart attack it made a huge backfire. like a shotgun gloing off..my ear were ringin for like an hour..lol

Comment

i guess it was kind of flooded, huh?
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

yea big time..i just went out and took the plugs out and turned it over to get some of the gas out of there and when i put the plugs back in and tried to start it . the engine still seemed like it was beginning to bind up again after a few turns. the plugs were soaked with gas though when i had them out first..any help as to why it may not be starting now? or is it just something simple like too much gas..lol..thanks

Comment

i'm in the middle of researching now..although i dont see why it shouldnt start

Comment

oh and one more thing..the engine turns over perfectly when the plugs are out.

Comment

any engine will... so long as it isn't siezed...

sounds like timing issues honestly.... and the "struggling" sounds like too much spark and the starter motor can't turn the motor over fast enough to fight the flame front from pushing the piston back down...

EDIT: super ghetto test: pull three spark plugs, then attempt to fire it.

it should at least start then, though it will run like complete crap.
                            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                            Latest nAst1 files here!
                            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

i see, the starter and solenoid are brand new..purchased last week because i twisted off the negative post on the solenoid. as for timing..i havent messed around with it or anything and the engine ran fine before i removed it from the donor car..i wonder would hp tuners help me if i plugged it in?

Comment

Working...
                              X