No announcement yet.

no start trouble.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

or is there anything else i can do to solve this..like 2 batteries or something. hah

Comment

assuming everything is hooked up and dialed in correctly, and the battery is strong enough to turn the motor over fast enough, i don't see why it wouldn't be starting...
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

if its cranking slow, then 2 batteries might help, just like a boost, right? but if its cranking slow because of corroded wires or lose connections, 2 batteries wont do shit.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

well, its not that its cranking slow as such it just starts to bind up and slow down after a few turns. if i take the plugs out and give it a few turns and then put em back in and try to start it , it seems to be a bit better for a few more turns..its hard to explain whats going on..lol

Comment

Sounds like with all the starting you have been trying, the battery is getting drained. The reason its easier to turn over with plugs out or not in all the way is that you are bleeding compression out of those cylinders, therefore the piston doesn't have any force acting against it. Try a new battery, or put your battery on a charger for awhile and then try it.
            -Brad-
            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
            sigpic
            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

i just finished charging 2 of my battery a few minutes ago. i went to my shop and got the "good charger" because i had drained the batteries yesterday. anyway i hooked up one battery and then connect the other one by booster cables so i had 2 and tried to start it was still the same thing..turns over freely and attempts to catch and then slows down so much the starter can hardly turn the engine over then breaks free and turns over freely and almost catches again..keeps doing that..its so close to starting but it just wont..i've went over everything i can thing of..and tested and checked every wire that i could think of that would prevent it from going..i am supposing its getting enough gas through the injectors because when i take the plugs out everything is soaked..and i know im getting spark now..havent had a backfire since last night though..strange..i now have the plug wire hooked up right though..lol. its taking me like 10 mins to type this here , in the process of brainstorming at the same time haha. dont know if any of this makes sense or not

Comment

With all the gas in the oil, change the oil so it doesn't thin it out and ruin the bearings.

Sounds like the battery was drained too far, and now it is damaged. Internal resistance can make a battery seem like it has good voltage, but under load it can not provide enough current.
                sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                Original L82 Longblock
                with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

a battery load tester will tell me that though wont it? i'll get one from the shop

Comment

small possibility of a bad starter. wouldnt be the first time in history. my car started kindof like that when my remote positive boost terminal was lose, so i went and checked everything i could reach (with the battery disconnected) i tightened and wiggled every positive and ground connection i could find it seemed to help out, but my oil leak (oil pump drive seal) killed my starter. but urs is new, so i dunno. and if its spinning it it should catch at some point and run, did you maybe somehow plug the electrical connectors in for the fuel injectors wrong? have the timing belt off?

Comment

when i had the engine apart i didnt see any need to replace the timing chain or anything. so i just went and replaced all the gaskets and seals and cleaned everything up. as for the fuel injectors im pretty sure they're all plugged in good...i could always that the upper intake off and check though..i wonder would a faulty crank sensor cause it?..the 7x one the connects directly to the icm? its a weird problem..i think i will go out and look over a few things again and maybe even try and rig up the old starter. just to see what happens

Comment

if the crank sensor goes out it relies on the ecm for timing then instead of the icm. and it will hold a shitty idle, but still hold it. far as i know.

Comment

You could unplug the crank sensor to see if the engine will crank at a nornal speed without spark. That should tell you if need to look more closely at the battery and starter.

Comment

never thought about doing that ..will do soon as i get off work

Comment

so i got the harness that connects the 7x ckp sensor to the icm(got it at the junkyard). i plugged it and it started and stayed idling on its own but had a really bad misfire. and still backfiring..through the intake and exhaust..also it still seems like its binding when its turning over to start. i dont know if it may be getting too much gas for some reason?..you can smell the gas when its running. from the exhaust that is. any reason for that. or any opinions anyone..thanks

Comment

maybe just needs to be run for a bit or something..anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X