LX9 Swap into my 96 Grand Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX9 Swap into my 96 Grand Am

Hey Guy i am new to this Forum, i am always posting over on GA owners Club.

Was just looking to get clarification on some ECU stuff for this potential swap. Like many other 3100 owners my engine is on her last leg, and instead of rebuilding i would like to just swap in a newer engine. I know about the crank trigger and the throttle body adapters for the swap, along with using Caprice Injectors. But the whole ECU thing is where i am running into issues. Some say that the 96 ECU can not be retuned on the GA owners club forum. I searched some threads on here and some company by the name of DHP can according to someone. Is this true? i really want to do this swap, but i want it to be as simple as possible. My car is not really performance oreinted, and i want it to still be reliable as factory. thanks guys for any info you can provide...

DHP can tune (90% sure), but the problem is getting it. DHP, the company, no longer exists, so you would need to find someone selling their setup in order to purchase it. Sadly, one was just sold on here in the last couple of days.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

yea i am just going to go with a 97 ECU to make ife easier...

Comment

Working...
      X