95 3.1 swaped to 3400?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 3.1 swaped to 3400?

Ok so i'm new here and can't seem to find what i was looking for in the search. I'm going to be buying a 95 3.1 auto Ga tomorrow.And i just picked up a almost complete 3400 with bad head gaskets for 50bucks. I have a 272H Crane Cam locks and springs brand new never used. I was thinking about doing or swap to the 3400 if anything is wrong with the 3.1 the car is only 200 bucks. But i also kinda wanna put my cam to use's it was kinda expensive. So if i put the cam and 3400 heads on the 3.1 bottom end would it be worth keeping the 3.1 in there? or would it be best to just swap to the 3400 in there?

isn't the H272 a flat-tappet cam?
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

If you ask me it would be pretty useless to put a cam and good heads on a lesser displacement motor... There is no replacement to displacement

Comment

Originally posted by zoideraserb View Post
        There is no replacement to displacement

correct but it involves no mods to anything just pull build and bolt back in

Comment

Well i've come to a decision that i'm going to do a complete 3400 swap in the Ga is there any little mods i can do to the car for better performance? not looking to take it to anybody for anything

i was just informed that i have to swap out ecm and engine harness to swap to a 04 3400?
          Last edited by Pretty Boy; 04-05-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

No computer swap/harness necessary. As long as you use the 3100's injectors and various sensors, your existing pcm will run a 3400.

Most of GM's 94-95 PCM's (OBD1.5) are untunable so if you do plan on modding the 3400 then you'll have to consider swapping to an OBD1 computer (someone here sells conversion harnesses for this) or OBDII. For OBDII I would recommend a PCM from a 97 grand am instead as the wiring is a LOT more similar than from an 04.
            1995 Grand Am SE

Comment

Ok So is there any mods i can do w/o costing me money what about porting or gasket matching?

Comment

You can port or gasket match if you know what your doing, but HP is not free... Just remember that.

Got Lope?
                3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                  You can port or gasket match if you know what your doing, but HP is not free... Just remember that.
                  I have port matched be4 but do i just wanna open up the top of the port or does it matter how would you recamend doing it? and i know Hp isn't free but it can be free'd up for a bit of work on my part i'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X