This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chevy small block in place of 3100

ive decided if im going to do a motorswap..its going to be for something crazy like a small block v8..now i know anything is possible so im not going to ask that. but how challenging would something like that be. i would need to side mount the engine and would i be able to use the stock transmission in my malibu? im not about to convert to RWD. but besides that and the electrical system and custom fabbing engine/tranny mounts..it's doable?..right?
    2002 Chevy Malibu 3400sfi - Project Sleeper - Good night

Boost - Coming soon to a malibu near you.

are you drunk?
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Considering that this is the 60 degree V6 forums, this really isn't the place for this discussion....but....
      An adapter for the trans can be purchased from V8Archie.com ....but then you have to deal with the issue of making the electronics work with both the older engine and the newer tranny. If you are insistant on going this direction, I would recommend the LS4 from a Grand Prix GXP (among other vehicles that have it). That would give you what you want, plus limit the problems to mounts and more simple electronic conversions.

Comment

Originally posted by CowsPatoot View Post
        Considering that this is the 60 degree V6 forums, this really isn't the place for this discussion
        /thread
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
        X