Need More hp out of my 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need More hp out of my 3100

I race at a small banked oval track i got a 3100 beretta. I need more hp to keep up with everone elsa. Does
    anyone know of mods i could do to make my 3100 faster. Cam heads anything. I get the engine uder alot of strees high RPMS. I no that a 3400 tb would help but what else

let's see... anything, actually...

swapping in a 3500 would be a good start though.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I cant do that cant have a engine bigger then a 3.1

Comment

if we can stick 3500 UIMs on a 3100, then the reverse is probably true as well... no one would know unless they actually measured bore and stroke or knew the character stamped on the side of the block meant 3500.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

well next season i might do that i dont have the money to buy a new engine now but u no next years might be different. do u no if a cam would do anything or anyhting that wont cost as much. i am putting a 3400 tb on but thats not much more hp

Comment

wot-tech.com. Large port manifolds would be a great upgrade with the 56mm TB. There are billet throttle bodies and ported heads and cams and forged pistons. You can do just about anything as long as you can tune it.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

thanks so a bigger cam wont mess anything up

Comment

you start talking cams/headwork and you're going to need to be able to tune for it...
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

what do u mean tune for it

Comment

Change computer settings to be optimized for your engines characteristics. Kind of like dialing in a carb and distributor, only doing it in the computer.
                    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                    Originally posted by Jay Leno
                    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

ok well how do you do that change the settings. so if u dont tune it for bigger heads and cam they will mess up the engine. Is that what u guys are telling me +

Comment

I had put a mild performance cam and roller tip rockers in '91 'retta GT with good results. It really picked up on bottom end and mid range and the factory settings handled it just fine. That's probably about as far as you can go without re-tuning the ECM.

If you ain't rock and roll, you must be driving a Honda

Comment

Originally posted by 86FieroSEv6 View Post
                          I had put a mild performance cam and roller tip rockers in '91 'retta GT with good results. It really picked up on bottom end and mid range and the factory settings handled it just fine. That's probably about as far as you can go without re-tuning the ECM.

ii have a 96 with a gen3 3100 is differnt the the old gen2 3.1 i no ucan put cams and things in the gen 2 but dont no bout the gen3

Comment

there are some good gen3 cams rolling around... ben can help with that.
                            Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

who is ben thats what i need a good gen3 cam that wont mess my engine up i know there was way to make them faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X