3100 motor mount help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3100 motor mount help needed

well i just picked up a 96 olds cutless with a 3100 and a 4t60e im swaping this in to a 3 gen cavalier my problem is the motor has dog bone style motor mouts that bolt to the head and the upper rad support and i need it to be a accessory side motor mount set up is there a way to convert this motor over to accessory side motor mount and what all will i need to do this

to swap to the "T" mount i guess i would call it for ur factory cav mount. u need the peice the mount bolts to on the timing cover. its the part that the t shaped bracket bolts to. also i needed to change alternator and alternator mount for my 3500 because the alternator mount played a roll in the motor mount. im not sure about ur older 3100 the alt mount mite work i also had to flip the tensioner over. and u mite need a idler pulley. i have to ask why ur using a small port 3100? also be careful removing to old mount on the front of the motor the torq bolts are a pain and like to strip. if u go to the jy to pull the mount u will see wat its made of. also be aware if u just nbolt the motor in it will be about an inch low there is a special "t" peice that makes up for that and a lower mount avalible on the j-body.org.

Comment

im swapin to large port top end i got the car cheep it ran and drives

as far as swapin the mounts over does my timeing cover have all the bolt holes needed to use a 98 grand am style mount and is there a bolt hole for the ideler pully

i have no problem flipin the belt tensioner over thats no big deal im just hoping i dont have to swap timeing covers

Comment

im 98% sure u should be just fine.

Comment

Working...
        X