3400/3500 hybrid compression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400/3500 hybrid compression

Hey guys I'm not sure if this info is already out there, but I'm new to the site and was wondering if someone could help me out.

I plan on using the 3500 intake manifolds on my 3400 and using the F-body pistons. Now I know the pistons will significantly raise the compression, and switching from the 3400 to 3500 manifolds will lower it down a bit again. Does anybody know what the actual compression ratio for this set up is (or atleast an educated guess)? Also how high of an octane would you suggest for this set-up?

3.4 pistons and 3500 head gaskets gives you 11.56:1. Close enough?

Welcome to the site!

-John
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. I'm looking forward to learning alot on this site, lots of info laying around.

So roughly what kind of hp increase would I be looking at from going from a stock 3400 to a 3400/3500 hybrid with 3.4 pistons? The engine will be properly tuned afterwards.

What type of gas is recomended with this setup? I'm sure pump gas would be fine but how high of an octane would you say is necesary?

Comment

if you get a tuner you can use any gas so that you can tune KR out after your build
        94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

Are you changing the heads as well or just the intake manifolds?
          Does changing solely the intake manifolds alter the compression?
          Hope I'm not hijacking, welcome to the site and look forward to hearing more about your build

Comment

Originally posted by Fireball View Post
            Does changing solely the intake manifolds alter the compression?
            No, so I'm assuming he meant heads. I also wouldn't consider a simple question about the subject hi-jacking either
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Heads and manifold will have to match pending the generation of engine parts are used, Fierball.
              Links:
              WOT-Tech.com
              FaceBook
              Instagram

Comment

Working...
              X