3400... what cars ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3400... what cars ?

i want to do a swap with my Beretta and so far everything is pointing to the 3400 being the most simple. so i can start looking for a doner to swap all the stuff i need to my car What cars did the 3400 come in, if i can find a cheap car thats wrecked ill do that. any help would be good
    91 BerettaGTZ6- fairly quick

Grand am oldsmoblie alero malibu chevy venture montana older monte carlo.I think there might be a few more.

Comment

like the 94+ monte/luminas ? this will give me a head start atleast.

Comment

No, those would be the 3.4DOHC. 3400 wasn't introduced until 96 in the vans. Didn't come in cars until 99/00.
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

oh. ok so i need a van

Comment

N body:
            99-04 Olds Alero
            99-05 Pontiac Grand Am
            97-03 Chevy Malibu (LG8, but exactly the same as an LA1 as far as heads go)

W-body
            00-05 Chevy Impala (base trim)
            97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix (LG8 again, and only in SE trim)
            00-05 Chevy Monte Carlo (base trim)
            00-04 Buick Century (another LG8 model)

U-body (Minivans)
            97-03 Chevy Venture
            97-03 Pontiac Montana
            97-03 Oldsmobile Silhouette
            -Chris-
            03 Black GAGT Sedan
            MODS:
            MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
            Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

And some other stuff to make it look pretty.

Comment

most of the malibus ive found were the Eco motor and some of the Grand ams w/ quad 4's and ecos. werent there a few of GA's that were S/Ced ?

thanks for the list. i plan to buy a salage/wreck from Copart with low miles

Comment

Only the W-bodies got the L67/L32, and that's a 90*V6.
                -Chris-
                03 Black GAGT Sedan
                MODS:
                MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
                Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

Comment

oh thats the 3800 isnt it ? thats a no go for this car

Comment

Originally posted by 91GTZ6Beretta View Post
                    oh thats the 3800 isnt it ? thats a no go for this car
                    Yup. No need for that outdated boatanchor in the Beretta.
                    -Chris-
                    03 Black GAGT Sedan
                    MODS:

Comment

i know some of them with the sced ones have like 400hp. but from what i heard from beretta owners that did the swao its something they wont ever do again.

so im gonna get a wrecked car with the 3400, then a possible rear mount turbo

Comment

Why a rear mount? There's plenty of space under the hood, just relocate the battery.
                        -Chris-
                        03 Black GAGT Sedan
                        MODS:

Comment

to be sneaky. im sure ill have a ton of room, cuz im gonna try to hide as much as i can and make it as clean as possible. i dont have ac right now so thats one less thing in there

Comment

Your list is wrong, as no car got the 3400, or large port 3100 until 99. The large port 3100 wasn't even available until 2000, I don't think. It might have been 99 in some models, but I don't think it was until 2000.
                            -Brad-
                            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                            sigpic
                            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

I've had really good luck finding the late 90's minivan's with the 3400 very reasonable as complete running vehicles. For example, I picked up a 98 Olds minivan for my swap, running and driving for $350. It looks like it's been beaten like a rented mule, but runs like a top. I can scrap it for more than what I paid for it. It made no sense to spend top dollar at a salvage yard when I could get the motor cheap in a complete running rig.

Comment

Working...
                              X