Want a little more power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a little more power...

I currently have a Pontiac Grand Am SE 3.4 v6. Everything is stock except a short ram intake I added on a few months back.
    i have no mechanical skills what so ever, know only what i have read up on various sites and would like to see if there are any relatively easy, or cheap mods that I can do to drag a bit more power out of my car.
    Anyway, I have a bud of mine that does racing and times at a track where I live and he would like for me to go. Told me we can win prizes and such if we participate. The track has to you do a time lap to see if you can qualify or if you are wasting your time by competing. Well, I did a 15.6 in my 1/4 mile....They are looking for low 15s to upper 14s in order to participate. I would really love to do this, since it seems fun.
    Long story short. What mods or upgrades can I do that are relativity cheap and cost effective. I am not looking to drop thousands into this motor for the sake of a little fun, but I do not see why I couldn't spend a couple hundred here or there when money comes around.
    So, what do you guys have for me? Looking for cost effective in terms of which parts will give me the most gains for my money. By no means am I looking for a "10 second" car, if I was, obviously a Grand Am would not be a choice.
    Thanks.
Working...
X