Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TCE Crank Trigger - Installation Directions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCE Crank Trigger - Installation Directions?

I bought the TCE Crank Trigger over a year ago from WOT-Tech. In the process of installing now but I don't have any documentation. I checked the TCE site to see if they had anything online but I didnt locate any directions?

So, any instructions out there?
    1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

Does the below pic look correct?

Two bolts secure the bracket for the CPS mount to the block. 4 washers came with the trigger that I assumed were to be used between the block and the CPS mount to space it correctly with the trigger wheel. At first I used 2 washers for each bolt but it looked with the CPS would be be too far out to align correctly with the trigger wheel so I went to 1 washer for each bolt and it looks better. So the question here is 1 washer under each bolt ok or are 2 required. I don't have an actual CPS to mount yet, I will likely reuse the one from the old motor.

I did not use thread locker anywhere, should I have? This includes the 2 large bolts mounting the CPS bracket to the block as well as the timing adjustment bolt. I torqued the 2 large bolts down pretty good and the small bolt for the timing adjustment snug within reason (considering its threaded into aluminum). The smaller one is the one I question needing threadlocker.

(yes, the motor is rotated about 45* on the stand)

photo(3).JPG
    1994 Corvette
    LT1/ZF6
    2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
    3.7/42RLE

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp View Post
      Does the below pic look correct?

Two bolts secure the bracket for the CPS mount to the block. 4 washers came with the trigger that I assumed were to be used between the block and the CPS mount to space it correctly with the trigger wheel. At first I used 2 washers for each bolt but it looked with the CPS would be be too far out to align correctly with the trigger wheel so I went to 1 washer for each bolt and it looks better. So the question here is 1 washer under each bolt ok or are 2 required. I don't have an actual CPS to mount yet, I will likely reuse the one from the old motor.

I did not use thread locker anywhere, should I have? This includes the 2 large bolts mounting the CPS bracket to the block as well as the timing adjustment bolt. I torqued the 2 large bolts down pretty good and the small bolt for the timing adjustment snug within reason (considering its threaded into aluminum). The smaller one is the one I question needing threadlocker.

(yes, the motor is rotated about 45* on the stand)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5286[/ATTACH]
      That picture is correct. I only used 1 washer as well, 2 washers pushed the cps center a little too far out. I used blue threadlocker on the 2 block bolts. Didn't put any on the adjustment bolt thinking I'd possibly need to adjust it.

Comment

Yeah, I would use blue as well. I've heard of a person or two that didn't and had those bolts start backing out on them.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll redo with blue locktite. I may use it on the adjustment bolt as well, I'm setting it at 0 degrees with not intention to change since timing adjustments can be changed via the computer.
          1994 Corvette
          LT1/ZF6
          2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
          3.7/42RLE

Comment

Working...
          X