• Time
  • Show
Clear All

going to have some S&S headers for sale in the future

Comment

Holy cat eater!

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Damn that is huge!
        95 Beretta 3100 with 3400 intakes and TCE TB
        High flow cat and a Magnaflow muffler
        Grand Prix trans with 3.33FDR

Comment

lol ya decent size but nothing special sadly, just a godspeed GT35... I've seen too many LS china turbo builds with good success and a buddy had this turbo kicking around brand new for a decent price so see what happens I suppose
          Last edited by Forgotten User; 02-26-2015, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by _HeC_ View Post
            lol ya decent size but nothing special sadly, just a godspeed GT35... I've seen too many LS china turbo builds with good success and a buddy had this turbo kicking around brand new for a decent price so see what happens I suppose
            I've got the same turbo on my 3500. haven't got on it enough yet to see how she spools.
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

brake upgrade

got everything to get the front installed for now

and some SC/T and other parts waiting to go on

Comment

little paint/polish

found out the hard way you need to buy disc brake hardware for BOTH C5 and the F-body to make these work lol but got the fronts on for now

didn't think the C5s cleared 16s with the ribs on the top but I had to try and sure enough they do

also got my front lip on a week or so ago as well

Comment

picked up a Zex wet kit off my buddies twin turbo vette he only filled the bottle twice so barely used

anyone have thoughts for switch placement? Dash seems to round to mount a switch anywhere without looking goofy, might make a temp panel to fill the void under the radio but I was planning on upgrading to a double din soon...

for nozzle placement I'm debating on drilling my TB adapter or it came with the fitting to bolt onto my intake

Comment

Very nice! Must be a big improvement on braking. Any plans for a rear brake upgrade? Pontiac Grand Prix GXP brakes would compliment the front brakes.
                    2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS (LX9-F23 swap soon!) Slowly acquiring parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple Leaf View Post
                      Very nice! Must be a big improvement on braking. Any plans for a rear brake upgrade? Pontiac Grand Prix GXP brakes would compliment the front brakes.
                      Thanks man and the difference in braking is awesome! The rear is getting the Corvette C5 rear calipers pictured above with the GXP rotors and caliper bracket if my research is correct

Will be buying another turbo as well and selling my godspeed gt35 or maybe keep it as a back up... 7L CAT Borg Warner turbo will be going in Borg Warner SW300

will need some cutting and welding I'm sure but this is the budget setup I'm going with! Dual LX9 front manifolds and a custom crossover

got a double din for cheap so tossed that in as well after a little cutting

finally got my dual posts painted and installed

started a new stereo setup for the trunk

few more layers and quick trim is as far as I got for now, to busy and more important things then a fancy sub install lol

Comment

got my nitrous mocked up and bracket welded up for the Zex control box, final install this Sunday I think

welded the bolts on from the back side to make install easy

7-8hrs on the road to meet up with a fellow N-body owner to get my "mint" carbon fiber SCT hood, I returned home still hoodless as the "mint" hood had 3 out of 4 stripped mounting points and a rather big bubble in the middle of the hood that was lifting

also found a better sounding video from my dyno run online from someone that was at the shop the same day
                        Last edited by Forgotten User; 01-08-2016, 06:35 PM.

Comment

I was only going to shave off the casting lines but couldn't stop once I got started lol J-body poly bushings as well

10yrs since I've been in front of these lights, felt SOOO good!

That little F23 has also taken a good beating this season with daily driving it and 30+ passes in one night lol

Now I really don't trust my dyno, "165whp"sure does move pretty quick in a 3200lb car lol Could not launch this thing tonight(was really cold) but was hitting 99.7mph traps... has a better time in it I think

Bunch of 99.X mph runs and then this! 200+ to the wheels easily

Dropped my exhaust lastnight and got a o2 bung welded in for my wideband

B&M short shifter which I'm hoping to get in by Mondays track day

and guess that LX9 is getting cracked open over winter

think that catches things up... winter build to follow

Comment

Working 6days a week 8-12hrs a day and with other shit always popping up getting in my way I didn't start tearing the car apart till Jan 2016

Tossed my exhaust manifolds on as well as the crossover fabbed for a 2nd gen J-body with flipped UIM.... I didn't think it would work but tried it out anyways lol

so grabbed a new turbo flange and pretty much started over trying to hug the engine as close as I could to make way for a 3" downpipe

The red transmission cap should give you a good reference point for how much it moved

How thing's are sitting right now, just need to finalize turbo location and make some brackets to hold it then I'll finish the last couple bends

Comment

Dropped my turbo off at Re-Speed to get the turbo outlet flange changed to a normal 3" V-band
                              before

all mocked up

better view of how its all plumbed and getting it welded up

all done except for wastegate placement

waiting for a shitload of parts to show up now

Comment

Excellent! Love the early AL control arms too...
                                sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                                - Ben

Comment

Working...
                                X