03 GAGT LX9 and Getrag F-23 swap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Prix gxp rotors on kijiji

2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS (LX9-F23 swap soon!) Slowly acquiring parts!

Comment

Originally posted by carbon View Post
      Excellent! Love the early AL control arms too...
      Thanks, what a bitch those were to polish

Originally posted by Maple Leaf View Post
      Thanks man, but finishing my rear brake upgrade is the last thing on my mind right now lol

3" turbo back, charge pipes, and wastegate plumbing arrived as well as my intercooler

Was hoping to get the DP passed the subframe but I couldn't remove/install it if it was any longer then what it is now

Comment

TCE 1.25" phenolic intake spacers

Hood didn't close lol

the culprit

will clean this up later

mounted my intercooler as high as it would go between the crash bar...

this bump was getting in the way of going higher

much better!

charge pipes!

Comment

So I spent some time finishing off my last charge pipe and came up with this contraption

which put my MAF down here

Not even 24hrs later and I chopped off half of that charge pipe and started from scratch though lol but happier with the placement of things, I'll grab some pics later when it's not so dark in the garage

Comment

This should be better, might still mess with a small section of the charge pipe by the TB bracket

Decided to get a new wastegate to get a much smaller design and v-bands, also went with 44mm VS the 38mm Emusa

Going to be sitting something like this, still need to cut that pipe down a bit

Comment

if youd like to sell the purple one let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
              10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

Might as well update this I guess, it at least give me a nice "journal" of my build lol

Got my drive train out a little while ago

Inspected my "stage 3" ebay clutch and rather happy with it after 16,000+kms with no proper break in and beating the shit out of it

drilled my pan for oil drain, thought I could get away with a nut and loctite but not enough thread showing

So dropped it off at a local shop that I use for my TIG welding(Re-Speed) and some beauty cars out front

Last year I lost my steering rack tabs.... NOT this year or anytime soon lol 1/8" plate on both sides

Lifted fuse box 1" and relocated wires from the front out the back

last year I had some TERRIBLE traction issues the 2 times i hit the track... Got a closer look at my poly rear mount and damn?

New one is here so little fire with the old lol

GTP 36# inectors/connections and my PCM flashed for them thanks to Scott!

ohh and got myself a WOT-Box for some 2-step launch control and no lift shift

Comment

3500 LX9Getrag F-23 5 Speed65mm LX5 TBBorg Warner S300 turbo44mm wyntonm external wastegate50mm BOVGTP 36# InjectorsTCE 1.25" Phenolic intake spacers3" open ...

3" downpipe, wanted it to be 1 piece but wasn't happening

Girlfriend painting all the exhaust parts with some POR-20 heat paint

Some heat management

Quick clean to make sure no debris was inside

Notch for oil return

Screamer pipe

Comment

Words can't describe how much I ****ing love this thing! Lol

Quick driving video
                    video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

2 stage colder plugs, and a fresh oil change before the weekends activity...

Scott came down in his 3100 turbo swapped chev to work on my tune.... which feels great!!!

For some reason the front tires went bald a lot quicker then the rear? lol

3pc wheels followed me home yesterday, now I can go back to 245 tires

The new tune Scott did really feels good too, hitting 79% duty cycle on those GTP injectors though if I remember right other people running them were around 300whp when maxing them out?

Comment

Which plugs are you running?
                        You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
                        ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
                        95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

AC Delco R42LTS gapped at .035

and if anyone's curious I'm at 8psi right now

Comment

Working...
                          X