RWD hybrid owners enter please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RWD hybrid owners enter please...

What are you guys running a RWD hybrid using for plug wires? I had bought a set of 8.5mm 3100 plug wires and I have been having length issues, mostly with the 2,4,6 side being too long and the #1 being too short. I made a mistake when reinstalling my upper plenum and pinched my #1 plug wire under the plenum by the rear #6 port, and now I need another set of wires. So I am wondering what others are running...

I'd like the #1 plug wire to be about 2" longer and the even cylinder wires to be several inches shorter (it's a straight drop to the plugs from the ignition module so why are the wires an average of 6" too long?) I'll be sticking with red 8.5mm wires...

Or even some sort of kit?

Magnecor.

Brad
    via Moto X
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Well, I found a V8 kit on eBay. Only the plug ends are attached to the wires, so I should be able to cut them to length. With any luck, I should have wire left over in case one goes bad (and I'll keep the remnants of the set I have just in case).

If necessary, is it possible to just buy terminals?
      Last edited by Maverick H1L; 01-11-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

When I had my RWD hybrid installed in my Jimmy, I mounted the coil pack on the firewall, near where the dizzy would have been and was able to use the plug wires that I had on the dizzy attached engine. I then went to a set of cut to fit MSDs.

Comment

My AFPR is already behind the engine... I was originally going to mount the module assembly back there but I ended up changing my fuel system plans...

Comment

I had my coils mounted on the firweall, then used a cut to fit Accel V8 set with straight boots. Worked great.
            Past Builds;
            1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
            1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
            Current Project;
            1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Working...
            X