Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robindehood
    replied
    Well the cam is wot-techs street/strip cam ground onto a flat tappet cam, specs are
    259/265 adv duration
    .506"/.506" lift
    113 LSA

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    Probably depends on the cam whether or not stock injectors will be enough. AFAIK all trailblazers with the inline-6 have the 28# injectors.

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Also, would it run ok on the stock 3400 injectors?

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    What years are they in?

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Damn caffeine, you're quick haha.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    28# trailblazer injectors

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Well I guess I could give you guys an update. I ordered a custom cam from wot-tech along with the hardened custom length pushrods a couple of months ago and I'm just waiting on my lifters and springs. I was just wondering what you guys think I should run for injectors?

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Originally posted by peyo32 View Post
    Just swapped 3.1 chevy malibu engine to 3.4 engine? So far no problems. Any tips or anybody do it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not sure if you have the right thread man. This is for the top end swap, not an entire engine swap.

Leave a comment:

• peyo32
    replied
    Just swapped 3.1 chevy malibu engine to 3.4 engine? So far no problems. Any tips or anybody do it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine View Post
    You'll also need valve springs. Get the comp 26986 springs.
    I think I'm just going to get the cam package. It comes with those springs as well as a timing chain cover gasket haha. I'll also need the custom length pushrods and I'll probably also order a couple other things while I'm there that I need. Maybe I can get a deal for a decent sized order haha

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    You'll also need valve springs. Get the comp 26986 springs.

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    So I think I'm going to go with wot-techs street/strip cam and the custom length pushrods. Can anyone recommend any other things to order that're necessary from wot-tech?

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
    What? Who told you that the lift "isn't enough for aluminum heads"?

I ran a GMPP cam that was a Crane 260-2 equivalent, which IIRC is similar in specs to the Comp 260H, in my hybrid and it ran well.
    John suggested going with a different kind of cam, because the lift isn't best suited for the aluminum heads. Unless I read it wrong but that's what I took from it. I think I found the cam I want to go with though

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What? Who told you that the lift "isn't enough for aluminum heads"?

I ran a GMPP cam that was a Crane 260-2 equivalent, which IIRC is similar in specs to the Comp 260H, in my hybrid and it ran well.

Leave a comment:

• Robindehood
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
    There is no difference, hence being the same. In fact the rods are the same between the 2.8, 3.1/3100 and 3.4/3400 engines. The 3500 uses different rods.
    I was just referring to the Pistons themselves haha. But good to know that Raven! Thanks for the info Any chance you'd know the best route to go with the cam? Because I'm fairly stuck. Thought I had a good idea with the 252H or 260H Comp Cam but apparently the lift isn't adequate enough for the aluminum heads.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X