3.4L/3400 Top End Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
    You'll also need valve springs. Get the comp 26986 springs.
    I think I'm just going to get the cam package. It comes with those springs as well as a timing chain cover gasket haha. I'll also need the custom length pushrods and I'll probably also order a couple other things while I'm there that I need. Maybe I can get a deal for a decent sized order haha

Comment

Just swapped 3.1 chevy malibu engine to 3.4 engine? So far no problems. Any tips or anybody do it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by peyo32 View Post
        Just swapped 3.1 chevy malibu engine to 3.4 engine? So far no problems. Any tips or anybody do it before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Not sure if you have the right thread man. This is for the top end swap, not an entire engine swap.

Comment

Well I guess I could give you guys an update. I ordered a custom cam from wot-tech along with the hardened custom length pushrods a couple of months ago and I'm just waiting on my lifters and springs. I was just wondering what you guys think I should run for injectors?

Comment

28# trailblazer injectors
            '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
            '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Damn caffeine, you're quick haha.

Comment

What years are they in?

Comment

Also, would it run ok on the stock 3400 injectors?

Comment

Probably depends on the cam whether or not stock injectors will be enough. AFAIK all trailblazers with the inline-6 have the 28# injectors.
                    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Well the cam is wot-techs street/strip cam ground onto a flat tappet cam, specs are
                      259/265 adv duration
                      .506"/.506" lift
                      113 LSA

Comment

Can anyone chime in on lifters? I know flat tappet, but does it matter if they're high energy or magnum or anything? I'm planning on comp to match the cam

Comment

3.4L/3400 Top End Swap

I wouldn't recommend stock injectors with that cam. Lifters I'm not really sure.
                          '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Hey man, is there any where else I can get ahold of you a little better if I have questions? Digits or Facebook?

Comment

Also back to the injectors. I can't seem to find any scrap yards around me that have any 4.2Ls that I could rob the injectors from. Does anyone know of any others that might work other than the #28? I remember reading somewhere that some from a 2002+ ecotech 2.2L fit right in the rail and I believe they were 24lb delphi multec II. Can anyone confirm if these would work?

Comment

Why not get the injectors off a supercharged GP? They are supposedly 36#, but I flow tested mine at 29#. Works for what you wanna do.

Comment

Working...
                                X