Header flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header flange

Can you still get header flanges for 3400 heads at W-Tech,didn't see them listed ?

It doesn't look like it.

I should have some more made... I designed mine to be different than most other offerings though. Mine weer individual for each cylinder, and not tied together.

Comment

Did you find an advantage of the individuals over one piece ?

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Driver View Post
        Did you find an advantage of the individuals over one piece ?
        Yes, I always ended up cutting apart linked flanges due to thermal expansion. I have had less issues with developing leaks using individual flanges than linked flanges.

In the case of the gen3 660 it also meant that no modification of the exhaust gasket was needed.

This a header from the last set of headers I built for my LX9:
        Headers08.jpg
        Last edited by Guest; 12-07-2014, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I've been running the S&S straight flange for years now with a set of stock gaskets (never used any silicon addition) only cleared for the link bars and never had any flange leaks. Granted I've also only ever run alen head cap screws and never had those loosen or fall out, I've heard of many who can't even keep in a set of locking studs. I guess everyone's experience will vary.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Nice looking headers, how thick are those flanges ? S&S is that a brand or stand for stainless steel, got a pic ?

Comment

S&S was a brand of headers made for the Grand Am... They can only be found second hand now. I don't know the flange thickness off the top of my head but I can measure it when I get home.

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

My platform is an S blazer 2wd ,using a 3.4 block / 3400 heads / turbo so I will have to fabricate headers. I have been gathering parts over the last year or two but I had other projects / priorities.

Comment

I've had no issues with regular full flange headers
                  '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
                  '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

http://www.britishcarconversions.com...es-3x00-detail ?
                    sigpic

"When you don't do anything, you have plenty of time to post questions that don't mean anything tomorrow."
                    - Ben

Comment

Thanks for the link.Do you know if they or anyone that sells the D stubs for the flanges ?

Comment

I'm pretty sure Marc@BCC also made/makes a tool for making the D-shape for the pipe....
                        Good luck!!
                        Tom B......

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven View Post
                          Yes, I always ended up cutting apart linked flanges due to thermal expansion. I have had less issues with developing leaks using individual flanges than linked flanges.

In the case of the gen3 660 it also meant that no modification of the exhaust gasket was needed.

This a header from the last set of headers I built for my LX9:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]8296[/ATTACH]
                          Nice, where did you buy the pipe, do you remember the diameter and gauge ?

Comment

Originally posted by walterdude View Post
                            I'm pretty sure Marc@BCC also made/makes a tool for making the D-shape for the pipe....
                            Good luck!!
                            Tom B......
                            Thanks, Marc@BCC ?

Comment

Yeah, http://www.britishcarconversions.com The same place that makes/sells the flanges.... Marc is the owners name.... I'm almost positive he made a tool to put the D-Shape on the pipe... Altho,,, they are not listed on the site,,, I'm sure that an e-mail to him would get an answer... There are posts on this site about it... There are also posts here about making the D-Shape yourself,,, a lot of work... I think it was SuperDave that did it, not 100% sure tho....
                              Good Luck,,,,
                              Tom B....

Comment

Working...
                              X