95 buick century 3100 performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 95 buick century 3100 performance?

As my title states I have a 95 buick century with the 3100. I got the car for free and have been trying to make it a fun dd. I'm looking to do some simple dyi mods with junk yard parts for horse power gains. What can I do? Heads? Intake? Ignition? What can I do to squeeze some power out of this pig? I'm working on suspension as well. Currently lowered 3 ish inches in 2008 Honda civic ex coils. Fronts I has to cut 1.5 wraps out, rears dropped in perfect! !!! Just fyi lol

I'd look at some sort of cold air intake , even a full service can help , new leads , spark plugs , new filters , having said look at a cold air system , I do not know what's available in the USA ,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was looking into building one. But it's not gonna do much if the rest of the intake isn't flowing. Ya know?

Comment

95 buick century 3100 performance?

I know where you're coming from , unless you go for ported and polished heads , or forced induction , like a supercharger or turbo , and those ain't cheap , my car is a 3.6 V6 and all I've done is the cold air intake and that helps it breath more efficiently

Comment

Well I can find 3800 superchargers at the junk yards. I know how to port and polish heads. Just curious if there Is a better head to start with

Comment

Not sure on that , I'm sure someone else does though 👍🏻

Comment

Hopefully haha. Reading around on other sites it sounds like there are head swaps just not sure what

Comment

There would be lots available , good luck on the project

Comment

Thank you. I'm just trying to have fun with a free car lol

Comment

I would just swap in a complete 3400 engine..they are getting cheap and you can run it on a stock 3100 computer.That's what i did in my 99 Monte dubbed the Montiac..also when i did mine i just ported the exhaust side of the heads..was able to open them up alot around an 1/8th inch or so to match the stock manifold openings i left the intake side alone because the gen 3 3x00 intakes flow nice anyways and already have larger ports than those tiny exhaust ports. Add a 2.5 inch exhaust with a magnaflow cat and dual mufflers and she will rip i promise..

Comment

Working...
                    X