Reluctor Ring For 3500 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reluctor Ring For 3500 ???

New to this site and a group of use do some racing in the dirt.. Rain or Shine so sometimes mud. we are swapping the LX9 3500 engines into our 3400 FWD vehicles. We have concern regarding the External Crank Triggers. as far as dirt/mud and how they will perform. We are wondering if anyone has or does make or can give some insight on a custom reluctor ring for the 3500 crank so you can still use the crank sensor in the block and not have to use the external crank trigger.

Maybe im off my rocker thinking this would be a possibility to have a ring notched for the 7x and run the sensor in the block?

Thanks in advance for any help !!

You would have to use the 3400 crank sensor in the 3500 block, so another adapter for that as well if you want to make an internal setup.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
      You would have to use the 3400 crank sensor in the 3500 block, so another adapter for that as well if you want to make an internal setup.

does anyone make a setup for internal use?

Comment

You mean this?

I have one. Be very careful not to install it too far off. I think I may have that problem.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by neophile_17 View Post
          You mean this?

I have one. Be very careful not to install it too far off. I think I may have that problem.

Good luck!
          very interesting thanks sir!
          were is this compant based out of ? anyone else ever use it? there site is very iffy

Comment

I've bought 3 parts from them. The trigger kit and two pairs of header flanges. Everything has been well made and my interaction has been very positive. They helped me out by expediting an order when I was working against a deadline and it was very reasonable. Are they Edelbrock with 24 hour tech support and fancy brochures- no. There aren't enough people playing with this engine to support a SBC level of aftermarket. And I can't say that I blame them for spending more time in the shop than producing a super slick web page. That's my experience and thoughts anyway.

Sam

Comment

Hey i dont blame them for that one bit like you said i was just wondering since ive always messed with ecotecs and new to who the good vendors for this 3500 swap is good to deal with, BEN at WOT has been amazing also. Thanks for your input sam!

Comment

Working...
              X