WTB Chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Chip

On the forum here I found a part # for an ECU. 1227730.

Motor is a 2004 3400 from an alero, transmission is a stock 4T60E from a 95 Acheiva. No emissions, no limiters. This car will be track only. I already had it running on the stock 95 obd 1.5 comp and pulled 16.00 sec 1/4 mile.

If this is the comp to buy ($80, reman-no prom) What prom do I look for to go with your chip? Also I plan on swapping to a W-41 Getrag mid-season. When I do that do I need a differant prom then to go with my 2nd chip from you?

I'm ready to order now, opening day is April 24th, so I need it by then, prefer by April 22nd so I can make test and tune.

thx
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

damn, sorry about this but I didn't see your thread until now. You need a 9396 ecm from a 91-93 3.4 DOHC or a 93 3.1 w body to control the transmission. I am not sure about a 3400 swap chip for a 4T60-E though. What I have is for a 5 speed and I am also not sure about the transmission control since the 94+ 4T60-E had some changes done to it.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

if ben cant do it i probably can, i'm working on the obd1.5 to obd1 conversion now.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I'll hunt for the comp this thursday. Is it possible to burn in the stock transmission values for the 95 acheiva?

And...if I may just whine for a moment....

I want 1.6 rockers for my '03 3400, whaaaa!
        Last edited by 95SleeperAcheiva; 04-26-2009, 10:41 PM.
        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

if you could somehow decipher them from the bin, sure. i just use the 3.4 values and adjust to my liking. the 3.1 version shifts way too soon for anything other than a LH0.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Stock are 1.6 on a 3400. I have no idea what the stock values are for your car but it would be easier to adjust what the stock tables are. They are MPH based, not RPM so that makes it more difficult to setup shift points.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

robertisaar, do keep us updated on the progress!
              sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
              1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
              16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
              Original L82 Longblock
              with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
              Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

calm down isaachayes, i've been waiting on 1 part for over a month(the black pcm plug(if i really needed it, i could hack the original PCM apart and use it)) and its supposed to be here may 15th. when it gets here all i have to do is yank the old PCM, plug in the harness adapter, install new PCM, and its good to go. then i'll see what problems might pop up. and Ben, i came across that issue as well, then thought of this:

just go to wikipedia(or some other trusted source) to find the gear ratios of the tranny you're using, and you can set the WOT shifts pefectly, then just scale them down for lighter throttle. and if you notice it shifts too early or too late for your liking, make a note of it, adjust and try again.
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Am I being a hassle? If so I apologize.

I'll get ya the gear ratio, i found it a few days ago.

Comment

So where can I get one of these 1.5 to obd 1 chip. I wanna tune !!

Comment

Originally posted by Iyyob View Post
                      So where can I get one of these 1.5 to obd 1 chip. I wanna tune !!
                      patience, i'm still waiting on 1 part so i can get it hooked up and tested, but i do have a good feeling about it, so by the middle of may, send me a PM or something or look around the sire for a guide.

obviously you'll need a chip, which i can do that as well, since the WOT-Tech doesn't do them(for this application) and i'm not trying to steal sales away from the store(since i'm sure donations from it help keep it alive).
                      Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

wonder how much farther is mid may ....

Comment

the part is supposed to ship FedEx Ground on the 15th.... trust me i've been waiting since late march, its killer.
                          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

so any updates

Comment

I can tell you that this is killing me with the shifting. So, I'm working on the manual automatic currently. Provided I'm doing all the shifting, does that mean I get the ecu ben suggested, do the obd 1 swap, get his chip, and neither Ben nor I will have to worry about the ECU operating the trans?

Comment

Working...
                              X