new cam with bearing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new cam with bearing issue

Hello all. I finally got off my butt and tried putting together my new build. Ya, I know it's been a year since I bought the cam from WOT.

Problem is, cam journal's measure 1.864". Stock bearing ID, sealed power # 1492M, Measures 1.878". You can feel the slop. WAY too much clearance. Ideas? I tried summit tech, I tried looking for bearings via ID size. I'm out of options. I seriously doubt the custom grind is wrong, especially on the main journals.

I tried another set of sealed power stockers and they were a little tighter .003" tighter, still way out of par, and I tried a set of sealed power chevy 350 bearings. Also out of tolerance. help me help me help me!
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

We have 4 sets of bearings here, King and Durabond. All measure 1.870".
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Did the old block have a set of cam bearings spin in it?

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

not spun but worn to copper on one side. Old block/engine had high mileage but ran well.

Just so i'm not being stupid. You measure the ID with the bearing un-installed, right? It's been a while..... :P

Ben, that's only .006" bigger, I think I can live with that. Gotta do something. So how do I go about buying a set? I can shoot you a card number monday, through PM if you prefer. BTW, '94 cutlass (red/black) is also getting a rebuild ATM, still love that car, I do I do.
        sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
        A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
        Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
        Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
        PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Measured out of the block. I wouldn't want to sell any previously installed bearings

http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/gas...s/cat_101.html

You can order through the store if you want it more secure than PMing me numbers. Either way works, just need to know if you want teflon coated or not.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X