Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'96-97 LQ1 head/manifold pics needed please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '96-97 LQ1 head/manifold pics needed please!

exactly as title states. the site only has pics of '91-95 style and i dont want to rip my engine apart quite at this moment just for RND purposes.

any help, greatly appreciated!

what do you need pix for?
    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

i want to see the exhaust ports on both banks along with both manifolds to make a visual comparison to get an idea of which direction im going to go to put a turbo in the engine bay this winter. welding and all that jazz is not an issue, i just want to start planning and am not pulling my motor until winter.

Comment

hmm would ported heads and intake me ok? i have those.

Comment

I can get some stock pics too.. I'll PM you when Im with the intakes again. I'll get the heads ASAP!

90 Chevy Lumina: 3.1L V6; swapping out for TLQ1
          94 Cutty Supreme: 3100 V6
          Soon: Something new?

Comment

thanks guys...i really appreciate it. even just the heads would be fine and the rear manifold if possible.

you may email to hezamakiah@hotmail.com if you want.

again, thanks!

Comment

here you go, click project pics and there are a few port and chamber shots in there.

56k is a no go btw.

Comment

Ill be in my garage tomorrow afternoon if all goes well (Working on patching up a new front bumper for the Cutlass..) I'll be able to get some stock 96 head pics for you. 'King Chalupa', those pics are great as well. Did you port them yourself? I'm sure there's a writeup around here for it if you did.. I am interested in doin gmy intake manifild first..

90 Chevy Lumina: 3.1L V6; swapping out for TLQ1
                94 Cutty Supreme: 3100 V6
                Soon: Something new?

Comment

dohcfiend good work on the motor, you really dont see many 3.4dohc around any more down here let alone a modded one!

Comment

nope i didn't port them and you are right steve, if i did there would be billboards and write-ups everywhere...lol. cant help it i like to share.

thanx for the compliment Mr.h.o, i appreciate it.

Comment

thanks for the pics...now, could anyone point out how far off the exhaust ports are? i presume they are not far off, but again, im not sure because i really need to see exhaust ports or manifolds from the '96-97 lq1s

Comment

How does your intake handle the difference between the 3.5" intake connection and the 3" connection to a N* TB? I'm thinking about having some flanges made and then having one made locally. I already have the flanges designed, but was unsure how to neck it down from 3.5" to 3". Thanks.

Tim
                        1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                        325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

unfortunately i cannot tell you that as i did not build it . from observation, it was either necked down at either the beginning next to the plenum flange or the end at the tb flange.

i would give you the guy's email but my hdd crashed a while ago, i will talk to mike and see if he still has it and i will give you the guy's email and you can ask him as he would have a better idea.

if i had to guess though, id say it appears to be 3 inch tubing welded to the appropriate flanges.

heza, what are you talking about when you say "how far off?" on the exhaust ports, in the link i proveded there are pics of the exhaust ports although not 100% stock.
                          Last edited by dohcfiend; 04-26-2007, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I took a good amount of pics when I did the intake swap write-up. Is that not up on the site anymore?
                            I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Those pictures should still be there Josh. They weren't working a while back and Ben got them working again. I think they were just linked to a different folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X