No announcement yet.

DIC and HUD question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cars with HUD got a special windsheild. it does cost a little more, like $50, but if you phone an autoglass place and ask for a new windshield in a grand prix, they will ask if it has HUD

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva View Post
      I found an after-market HUD tach and shift light today.

Considering the price of a good tach and shift light, it's competitive.
      this looks fucking COOL!!! i want to get rid of mine and get that now!!!! $300 is totally worth that!!

Comment

Thats kinda what I was talking about! That thing is a lot better than a big ass light in your face telling you when to shift!
        sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

Comment

it looks like it uses a different style of projection than the OEM HUDs. i think it might be on a laser projection thinggy. i mean the GM ones dont even change colour!! lol that thing is sweet, changing to red and tellin you to shift!! hahaha awesome!

i just hope it doesnt really have their logo printed in the display too. thats just lame.
          the display in their pictures looks kindof big too
          but being aimable i think you could put the source closer to the glass and it should be smaller, right? i dont know. i would love to play with it though!!

-on a side note i just picked up 8 LED light pods (made for under the car but im NOT putting them there) just interior floor lights, for $17. bright red like my car! lol and a LED rocker switch too. (red of course) and the switch was $10!!! hahaha another $7 and i could have gotten more lighting!!

Comment

I bet since it is color changing it's probably LED. You could always mask off or cover that section that had their logo if it's really there. I imagine they only did it for marketing purposes so people can't steal their image or something.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

95 cutlass HUD. Project

[QUOTE=3100 MPFI;329061]You can put the HUD into anything you want as long as you have the patience to get it in there and looking good. As far as wiring goes, the cars are all pretty much the same in the wiring aspect.

I put a 2000 Grand Prix HUD in my 1995 Cutlass Supreme, and it works great. The Cutlass Supreme was not designed to have a HUD, so it had to bre custom installed.

This last one is the 2000 HUD in my 1995 Cutlass Supreme. In the first pic, you can see that the HUD UNIT is mounted UNDER THE DASH, and the dimmer is integrated into the headlight switch. The image is also smaller than the other two. The RADIO DISPLAY is not compatible with the OLDSMOBILE BOSE radio that I have in my 1995 Cutlass Supreme.

Glad to find this thread. I thought there had to be someone else trying to do the same thing. I have 1995 Cutlass that I want to put HUD in. I pulled hud/switches and 4 foot of harness from 95 grand prix. I noticed the GP has holes for the tabs to attach the HUD. Any pointers would be great. Do you know if the DIC would work with the cutlass? I was thinking about even switching out dashes... I have the car torn apart to do L26 swap. Thanks.1995 sedan.JPG1995 sedan.JPG

Comment

Working...
              X