3.4 SAE tech paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 SAE tech paper

Just so you're aware--GM presented a tech paper on the 3.4 to the Society of Automotive Engineers back in '91.

Copies of the tech paper are still available from SAE for $14 (+ shipping unless you choose to download it directly from the web site). It's copyrighted material, so I'm not suggesting that it be scanned and hosted on this site. SAE would rip you a new butt for that.

It is paper #910679 "General Motors 3.4L "Twin Dual Cam V6" Engine"

I found it quite entertaining. It details the origin of the engine; why certain features were designed the way they are; it describes the design process; and even taught me some things I didn't know about the engine itself. About 23 pages, with some (pretty grainy and low-resolution) b & w photos, line drawings, charts 'n' graphs.
    Last edited by Schurkey; 04-30-2007, 07:26 PM.
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Just ordered a print. good thing I'm a member, got it a little cheaper.
    Something cool coming soon...

96 LQ1!

Comment

hey, if anyone wants to share their copy, I'd be interested in a quick peek, just for curiousity

Comment

Originally posted by ladyblue View Post
        hey, if anyone wants to share their copy, I'd be interested in a quick peek, just for curiousity
        Me too!

'93 Cutlass Ragtop LQ-1 -- Semi-retired over winters
        '06 Dodge Magnum SXT 3.5L -- My Daily Driver

Comment

hi there, same car as mine! mine's a 94, fully optioned, including HUD, rear buckets, even a trailer hitch! and a super rare factory optioned custom interior
          I hope someone gets a copy of that, I would love to read it!

Comment

its 14 bucks...
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

well I knew that, just thought these sites shared, like my Quad4 Forum, that's all

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem with COPYRIGHTED materials--you don't get to post 'em on-line; or scan 'n' e-mail; or photocopy and mail to your friends, because the copyright owner can--and sometimes does--kick your ass in court.

Not a bit different than the RIAA sending threatening letters to adolescents who download music illegally.
                ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
                X