Air pump option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air pump option?

I am wondering, since my 96 engine has air injection manifolds and I wont have it with my fiero, did all 96-97 engines have air injection or was it optional?
    Something cool coming soon...

96 LQ1!

97 didnt have air injection. to disable the airpump you can unscrew the pipe and pop out the fitting that sticks into the exhaust manifold... then you can use a penny to block the hole.

Comment

Originally posted by z34phoenix View Post
      97 didnt have air injection.
      That's what I said over on PFF, but he posted a picture of the front manifold on the engine with single port AIR injection tube mounted on it.

HI all, OK! Let's start this one anew peeps! Now, before we begin this topic I am gonna have to say that I'LL bring up DKOV and OTHERS in this thread, if you don't wish to play NICE here then go to the other thread about positive info on DKOV..... Pretty much ALL of us are aware of what happened with DKOV, and it is a tragedy for you, what this thread hopes to accomlish is to bring awareness

Half way down the page.

Comment

I love my 97

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

96 LQ1!

Comment

Has any one blocked the plugs in the manifold? What did you use if you did?

Comment

i had a buddy delete mine, i think he just screwed in pipe plugs where the tubes used to go.

if you want to do it right, there will be another step though. the spots where the tubes screw into, they actually protrude into the manifold itself. a visual inspection will confirm that. potentially causing an airflow restriction that you are not even going to use. i am not aure how he removed it but i guess he either drilled them out or got something in there and just cut them off.
              The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

Well, Im am having a hell of a time getting the nuts loose, on the pipe to manifold connection.

96 LQ1!

Comment

It is allot easer to do out side the car. You won’t be able to get a perfect pipe plug that will go in the hole it is a special metric thread. You can put a pipe plug in but it may leak or you may mess the threads up putting the plug in. I got a brass plug that screwed in good and I used JB weld to make sure it wasn’t going to come out. Jb can take the heat and its been holding myn for 5 months now.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Comment

i think the threads are different for the air pump holes. i remember the plugs he put in there were solid.

Comment

well, its on an engine stand currently, so that what surprising me, I tried heat too, but my propane torch doesn't have the energy. if a pipe plug isn't available, i can have some made since i have access to a machine shop.

96 LQ1!

Comment

dohcfiend is right i was talking about the egr hole. I dont know about the air pump. I dont know if its the same.

Comment

iirc all i used was a really big pair of vise grips

Comment

well my open end wrench is all bent out of shape now and my attempt with a monkey wrench and a hammer was no good, I might try dry ice and the monkey wrench and BFH.

96 LQ1!

Comment

Working...
                              X