Lifters tested and work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifters tested and work

I tore apart my engine and put the new lifters in yesterday, finally started it up today. Everything works perfect using them. I don't have working brakes so I wasnt able to drive with it, but it does idle nicely and revs up without noise. My site isnt up yet unfortunately, but I will be selling these from this point on now that I am 100% sure they will work. They are 14 grams lighter than stock (77.1 vs 63 grams) or 18%. Cost is 12.50 each and I will have free shipping on them. Indiana 6% tax does apply if you are in state. PM if you want a set.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Looking good. Are you going to have versions of these available to work with re-ground cams with a smaller base circle?

Marty
    '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
    '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
    '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
    '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
    Originally posted by Aaron
    This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

If the base circle is cut down, lash caps will likely be needed to make up the difference. I haven't found any for a decent price though.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

what kinds of gains do u got from something like that
        1994 Cutlass Supreme Convertible 3.4 DOHC
        1969 Oldsmobile 442
        1997 Chevy Tahoe
        http://members.cardomain.com/mperkins442

Comment

I dunno about hp, nor was I able to drive the car. Lighter lifters will allow quicker revs, higher redline, better throttle response.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

$12.50 x 24 = $300. I guess if you have to replace them, you might as well get these since GM ones will cost as much (if not more). I'd be interested in them more when you get some driving done.

Comment

Stock are 20 each through GMPD, plus insane shipping.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Well, that's a good deal then... assuming they will work.

Comment

They work, id notice more at idle than i would driving around for their ability to actually work. I just don't know to what extent they are beneficial. I wont till we put a set in jon's car anyway since mine wont be driven again till I pull the motor, port the heads more, possibly get headers made, put the konis in the rear, redo the bushings, new rack....etc. Poor rusted cutty
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

$12.50 x 24 = $300. I guess if you have to replace them, you might as well get these since GM ones will cost as much (if not more). I'd be interested in them more when you get some driving done.
                    I got quoted from Dealers here (both Pontiac, and Chevy):

Lithia Chevrolet> 37.50 each, 27 each for a set of 24. 648
                    Pontiac Dealer> 33.35 each, 15% discount for a set. 680 or so
                    Sturdavants> 11.99 some off brand (was told sealed power???) Crappy brand most likely. under 300

Several places told me that don't order stock in the 3.4L DOHC and/or will not order it.
                    I am back

Mechanical/Service Technican

Comment

If I remember right, Ben, some magazine did a test w/ lighter weight rockers in a L67 and reported something like a 5+hp gain. So who really knows someone may see a little increase w/ these lighter weight lifters.
                      67 Olds Cutlass 2bbl 330 w/ 2 speed Jetaway

Comment

Especially since there is 12 of them @ 18% lighter then stock, vs 12 rocker arms in the L67.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                        Originally posted by Jay Leno
                        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I wouldnt be surprised at a small hp gain, but I wont make any claims without the dyno to back it up. I refuse to become one of those companies I hate:P
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Holy shit that was a fast response! I didn't even get the DOHC general page loaded after I posted and you had replied!
                            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                            Originally posted by Jay Leno
                            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

hahaha, yeah...i keep checking my email and its like BAM!
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X