engine????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine????

ok guys, whats the better engine here? the lumina z34 dohc or the 3.8 supercharged engine? i was thinking of putting a 3.8 in the z34 from a grand prix 3.8 liter. what you think?

thanx.

Best to who? everyone has thier own opinions.. Best reliability i would have to say 3.8L S/C. Best for aftermarket parts....? again the 3.8L S/C....

If you are not afraid to custom make turbo kits and what not, I do really enjoy my DOHC Turbo... all stock on 5psi i walk circles around reasonably moded 3.8L s/c GTP's...
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

engine

ofcourse we have our opinions, the 3.4 i know is a good engine if maintained properly, i myself also like the 3.8, has a good punch, i thought of going with a turbo with the 3.4. that be pretty cool.

Comment

I have moved from the 34DOHC to the 3800SC
        I dont know what this means but "ASS HATS" is funny

Comment

im thinking of doing the same thing, i just bought this z34 with 137000k its mint!!! i feel bad to rip out this low milage motor 4 the swap. maybe ill drive it till the belt goes

Comment

careful, all this 3.8 talk will anger the god known as Ben...
            1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
            Latest nAst1 files here!
            Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

^^^It's a fair question and is relevant to the 60* family

Comment

why,,,,whats wrong with the 3.8???

Comment

The 3.8 is a 90* engine and for the most part discussion on anything other than 60* engines is TABOO here!

In fact Ben (site owner) has been known to be a little "harsh" on people who insist on posting about them.

And that is fair. This is a site devoted to the 660 engine family.

Lord knows there is no shortage of 3800 sites and forums.

Comment

^^^^Ditto^^^^ In other words go with the DOHC 3.4. Take care of it and it will last a while. As for the..ahem...3.8 talk, keep it on the "other forums".
                    sigpic
                    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                    252000mi. All original

Comment

-Brad-
                      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                      sigpic
                      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

dohc

i agree, personally, i love the dohc engine, it goes great especially on the highway. who cares if its outdated, it still makes great power, plus it looks cool too.

Comment

Working...
                        X