Drove GhettoBucket today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove GhettoBucket today!

For the first time in 2 weeks I drove my ghettobucket around and I am amazed how well it drove! Even though my rear brake line is leaking I took it on the freeway and took it WOT and I was very impressed in how well it performed and how it threw me back into my seat! Quite a difference a couple weeks of work can do to a car. Took off the intake mani (upper) and cleaned the hell out of it as well as the throttle body and sensors around it. Going to get a few more things for it, suspension wise, like sway bar frame bushings and end link bushings and see if my cornering gets better.
    sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

strutbars, front and rear, are a VERY good idea, if you're looking for cornering capability.

it has been discussed on w-body that in certain situations, W's handle better than vettes with just basic work done to them.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Yeah I think Im going to order a couple of the GM strut bars on the W-Body store. Looks like a good deal!

sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

Comment

"while not as stiff as our other offerings, this brace will offer a marked improvement over stock and for the price, it can't be beat."

very true. for the price, it is probably the BEST thing you can do for handling upgrades. i'm going to end up buying one for my rear, but i'm not going to try and replace my front, that thing is the beefiest STB i've ever seen. way overkill, but it will probably outlast the car
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

would love to see a pic of this overkill strut bar! I know that some machine shops can fabricate a strut bar with CAD. I had one done on my 88 Prelude once and did a really good job.

Comment

Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Oh good strut bar lord! That would probably do the job! Self made? I bet the front end corners like nothing!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
                ertain situations, W's handle better than vettes with just basic work done to them.
                Oddly enough, the W body rear suspension setup is a lot like the Vette rear (monoleaf). I saw a couple chassis at the Vette museum at the meet that confirmed what I was told on this.
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                  Oddly enough, the W body rear suspension setup is a lot like the Vette rear (monoleaf). I saw a couple chassis at the Vette museum at the meet that confirmed what I was told on this.
                  IIRC, the front of the newer ones uses a leaf spring as well...

and yes, its homemade...
                  Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                  X