3 Wires and 2 Holes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Wires and 2 Holes...

Taking off the aftermarket tint on my back quarter panel windows, I took off the C-pillar covers. Coming to find out that I found 3 wires thinking it would go to my rear speakers. Thinking an orange wire and white wire were for illumination, I was starting to think that there are a pair of rear passenger lights that are in the back? The wire colors are white, orange, and black. The holes are about 2" and looks factory made. Did the SE coupes come with a pair of rear passenger lights? Know where I can get a set other than the dealer and the junk yard?
    sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

i always see GPs with swivel mount lights there in the JY
    the three wires are probably ground, power and a door trigger.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

No its not a door trigger....it goes to the rear passeger map lights...someone took them out and cut the pigtail off it, lovely. Looks like I'm just going to tape those wires off except the ground and use the holes to put a pair of flush mount tweeters in there. I cant find a pair of those map lights and would prolly cost a hell of a lot to get at the dealer. Could take a junk yard run on the weekend....
      sigpic1993 Pontiac Grand Prix SE, 3.4L DOHC 24 Valve V6 MFPI, 5 speed, completely stock, bucket on a budget!

Comment

you sure its not a door trigger, cuz i think theres a way to turn the light on, on the light itself, it aims like a spot light. the trigger could be a negative trigger too!

Comment

Ah good point! Cause I was thinking if those were all interlaced somehow the dome light in the front wouldn't come on. But you're more than likely right.

Comment

woo hoo!! imma do a little dance here on my end for maybe being right.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingWeToddDid View Post
              woo hoo!! imma do a little dance here on my end for maybe being right.
              My GTP has the map lights and they do not have three wires. Just two.
              1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / 3.4 DOHC

Comment

well i did say maybe... i guess test them
                what else can ya do. i can tell ya how to test them for door and interior light, and you could use those ideas to test them for whatever else they might do.

Comment

Working...
                X