DOHC spark plug recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cidacious View Post
    Before I read in the forums that Boschs were bad, I bought a set, and had GM install them w/ new wires. I currently have Bosch +4's in car with about 100 miles on them if that. They are much better than the AC's that were in the car, but I have read that platinums aren't good with this car. AC's make them, so should I avoid those too? Some have said to use Iridiums, and that AC makes them for this car, but their website does not list them for my 91 yet. I would like to get a good plug that will last a long time with no fouling or poor cold engine performance (boschs appear to possibly have this problem) I would rather not have to replace the cheapo AC's every 30K but I will if I have to if its the best for this engine.
    they say that using the autolite spark plug is way better than using the ac platniums and anyother sparkplug

Comment

Originally posted by z34gtp383 View Post
      so what plugs do you guys use?
      i use autolite plugs gaped at00.50 and that seems to work

Comment

I used Autolite plugs...until they moved production to Communist China.

Next time I need to buy plugs for a 3.4, they'll be AC-Delcos; or MAYBE NGK.
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

I bought AC Delco #12 plugs, but haven't switched them out yet. I'll let you know how much better they are (current ones are caked with oil due to leaky valve cover gaskets).

1992 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - black/charcoal, 3.4 DOHC, 5-speed, 171,xxx miles
          1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - blue/charcoal, 3.4 DOHC, 5-speed, 153,xxx miles (parts car)

Comment

Working...
          X