X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by no_doz View Post
    60* engines-who very commonly see 200k.
    My daily driver Firebird in my sig: 251000mi.

Gotta love the 60!!
    sigpic
    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
    252000mi. All original

Comment

hell yea! trust me i know-i had a 93 camaro with 67k & a good 3.4, the body was a bit mangled tho :P

my big thing is daily drivers, if you cant daily drive it without worrying about it blowing up, the transmission going out, or the body bowing down to ditch & giving you a one way ticket to the afterlife-its just a drag car or a toy to be sold.

heres another point about saturn engines, lets say you're a real engine junky, & someones telling you about their badass engine they built-

Guy number 1 "yea its DOHC, 4 valves a cylinder, v6, well over 200hp..."

Guy number 2 "holy shit thats bad ass-what is it?!?!"

Guy number 1 "its made by saturn!"

Guy number 2 "is this your way of telling me you need a ride to work tomorrow?"
      Last edited by no_doz; 10-28-2009, 10:29 AM.

Comment

as far as im concerned, vettes -are- junk, they may be beautiful & powerful but the second you smack a ditch watch your frontend splinter into mulch, its like a throwaway car-treat it like some delicate little princess or bust it & sell it for parts.
        You have much to learn about cars, the internet, and courtesy.
        1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
        1994 Corvette
        LT1/ZF6
        2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
        3.7/42RLE

Comment

Yep, agreed. I [I]tried[I] to daily drive a 94 Firebird Formula that I regrettably financed, but it had WAY to many problems which made it apparent that the previous owner put it through hell and I had no choice but to voluntarily allow the bank to repo it. Yes, it sucked, but with marriage and a new house it HAD TO GO!!
          sigpic
          94 Firebird 3.4 DD
          252000mi. All original

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp View Post
            You have much to learn about cars, the internet, and courtesy.
            you have much to learn about how fiberglass handles an impact at 50mph.
            Last edited by no_doz; 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I will add something to this. My wife just hit a deer the week before last in her saturn. It was quite funny the way she described, she said the deer stood still just staring at the headlights on the side of the road and instead of running back into the woods, the dumbass just ran out into the road and my wife hit the deer a 45mph, rolled up the hood, over the roof, landed on the trunk lid, hit the road, and ran off. lol dumb deer. I laughed my ass off for like an hour straight!! It was her first time hitting a deer. It exploded the passenger fender (fiberglass), a few dents on the hood, and scratched up the sunroof and trunk lid. Luckily the pass. headlight made it out ok. It should cost about $300.00 fix. The way she responded to the incident was epic!!
              sigpic
              94 Firebird 3.4 DD
              252000mi. All original

Comment

Once again, no_doz proves he is a complete moron...
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

You are truly a fool. There is a reason that literally no one takes you seriously. You preach what you don't know.

I apologize to the original poster as this has gone very far off topic and I will end my bit here.
                  1994 Corvette
                  LT1/ZF6
                  2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                  3.7/42RLE

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                    Once again, no_doz proves he is a complete moron...
                    Thats funny..Im starting to catch on to this trend with him.

I also want to apologize to the original poster for taking this thread off subject.
                    sigpic
                    94 Firebird 3.4 DD
                    252000mi. All original

Comment

i hear a lot of complaining & name calling-but not 1 person proving to me that a corvette can smack a ditch at 50mph & not shatter the whole front end.

like i said, lots of name calling & people bein jerkoffs-but no explanation as to why im such a moron & what im so wrong about?

Comment

Most people are good enough drivers that they don't have to worry about smacking a ditch at 10mph, let alone 50mph. So what is the logic in your questioning?
                        -Brad-
                        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                        sigpic
                        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
                          Most people are good enough drivers that they don't have to worry about smacking a ditch at 10mph?
                          around here they aren't... the first 5 or so times it snows, there are so many people stuck in ditches because they think 4WD makes steering better on slick surfaces... so yeah, we have lots of 10mph incidents and about half as many 50mph incidents...

dumbassery/ignorance isn't cool.
                          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                          Latest nAst1 files here!
                          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Jeeze, I thought this could be over but you just can't let go.

So you need the reasons? Fine, this thread is already turned to shit and I'm sure it will be locked in no time.

You are a moron because your test of a cars durability is to smash it into a ditch at 50mph. My Vette has 100k on the clock and the front end is original and intact. Then again I know how to drive a car so i don't go smashing it into ditches, thats something a moron would do.

Do you need more reason as to why you are a moron?

You're a moron because you post more nonsense than the last moron that eventually got the boot.

You're a moron because you talk about a different project that will never come to fruition on a daily basis.

You're a moron because you are clearly a young know it all kid and think you have all the experience in the world.

You're a moron because you are the joke of this forum and you don't even realize it.

You're a moron because your contribution to this thread was to label all Saturns as shit.

You're a moron because if I made a thread in OT asking members to list the reasons that you are a moron the site would crash because it couldn't support the flood of posts.
                            1994 Corvette
                            LT1/ZF6
                            2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                            3.7/42RLE

Comment

1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                              Latest nAst1 files here!
                              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

yeppers. ibtl (dancing banana)

Comment

Working...
                                X