Where to get a Cam belt tensioner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a Cam belt tensioner

I have had a failure of the Cam tensioner Hyd Assy. The rubber boot has a hole in it and leaks causing a skip of the Cam Timing belt. Does anyone know were I can get a new one? One one seems to have this parts any more!

Help Please!

Joe Sokol
    1996 3.4 (LQ1) in an 1985 Fiero

check rockauto, part numbers:

T41209. should come up with either an ACDelco or Gates tensioner... runs around $80...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks but wrong part

Thanks for the reply. I looked up the part and it is the belt tensioner Pulley. What I need is the Spring Loaded Hydraulic actuator that keeps the pulley tensioned against the belt. Can't find a new one anywhere!

Joe Sokol

Comment

GM still makes it. Your dealer will have it or can order it. I bought one for $70 from a Chevy dealer a few months ago when mine went out. They even had it in stock.
        Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
        1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info I will check with my local Chevy dealer. I had looked on the internet without any luck.

Joe Sokol

Comment

Hydraulic assembly???

The one on my engine is spring-loaded. There's some oil in it, but it's not there to provide hydraulic pressure.

First Guess: Something else is wrong.

(I'll have to look at the service manual on this...seems very odd.)
            ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

Working...
            X