No announcement yet.

antifreeze leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, got a few pics. The hose that goes to/from the oil filter is the one with a hose clamp that angles straight down. The hose looks to be about a foot long and is very easy to get to.. Measure it when you get it off but, it looks like 3/4" to me...
    Good luck,,
    Tom...
    Attached Files

Comment

From his album...

-Brad-
      89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
      sigpic
      Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Totally lost. I have never seen anything like that.

Comment

Swap out cooler for non-cooler adapter housing and delete it. Don't forget to plug/cap the other end.
          Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Just replace the foot of line, easy.. I can almost get it from the top...
            I'm pretty sure that is the line he's talking about,, the only other line with coolant that low is the metal heater core return(?), or there is a short line that goes from the filter to the block... The 93s, like he has, used an adapter type of deal that goes between the filter and the engine block with coolant lines attached.. I suppose it could be eliminated but, it seems easier to just replace a simple hose!! IF we ARE talking bout the same thing.. If not,,, sorry... Check out this link:

Check out the sixth pic and you can see EVERYTHING that's on the engine...
            I used a regular piece of hose,,, his pics show the factory hoses that are shaped with all the bends to make it look nice... Nice, but, not really critical...
            Good luck,, I can get better pics, but, that engine is on the other side of the state!!
            Tom...
            Last edited by walterdude; 12-14-2009, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
              From his album...

thanks for putting my pics up there how did you do that?
              =Joel=

Comment

antifreeze leak/bad hose

I think you actually got what I was talking about, only thing is if you look at the first pic that was posted the main hose that you see there should be easy to fix no prob there there is another hose there that is the same size that is even worse and I see one end of it but the other end goes up inside the engine. This is the main one that needs to be repaired.
                =Joel=

Comment

On pic #6, that I posted you can see that other line just to the right of the oil filter. It's pretty much U-Shaped. I'm pretty sure that there is a nipple that just threads into the block that the hose plugs onto. If you remove the oil filter and the "easy" hose you can probably see where it attaches.. Unfortunately THAT hose will probably need to be a pre-formed item to make the sharp turns,, a regular straight hose might kink.. It might be a dealer item,,, don't know for sure tho...
                  Good luck,,
                  Tom....

Comment

Thanks. You did say this was an oil line, right? So all I got to do is drain the oil and this shouldnt be to hard. I hope.
                    =Joel=

Comment

NO, it's a COOLANT line, as in Anti-Freeze. That hose you are talking about (the hard one to get at), well coolant flows from the block to the oil filter through that hose. From there (the easy one) it runs up to the junction near the water pump. I suggested removing the oil filter to make it easier to see..
                      Tom....
                      Last edited by walterdude; 12-14-2009, 10:44 PM.

Comment

oil cooler

Hey guys check out this hose I got off my oil cooler, Think it was a little bad. HA. Also for you guys who didnt know what an oil cooler was (neither did I )here is one and the area it came from it was one hell of a mess in there, and alot of work and im still not done yet. I ran out of daylight and energy. Anybody know if this oil cooler needs a gasket when it goes back on?
                        =Joel=

Comment

Holy crap! I see live grass!!!! I wish it was warm here!

Not sure if it needs a gasket. That hose does look a little worn! :-p

Comment

I woulda just swapped in a lX9.
                            Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X