Need as much info. as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need as much info. as possible

This is my first post on this site. I have tried to search out as much as could find. Some of my guestions I could not find clear answers for. Here is the deal.
    I have a 1994 GTP , 187000 miles on it. Usual problems I`ve read here. Intake leaks , Oil leaks. Still running pretty good other wise.
    I just got a Crate motor , 91-95. As i have read here Doesn`t have the CPS sensor installed on the carrier. It does seem to have the place for it though and the mounting bolt hole drilled. The dealer i bought it from said he thought the Cam part numbers were the same. 1st. Guestion. Can I machine that sensor into the new carrier or do i have to use my old Cam carrier.
    2nd. Also whats involved in retro fitting the 24x crank sensor? 3rd. Is there anything else i should be aware of while trying to put this motor in the car?
    Any help would be appreciated

where did you find the crate motor??
    1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP / 3.4 DOHC

Comment

A deal

I found it on e-bay , while i was searching for a EGR tude for my car. New crate motor 750.00 & 160.00 frieght.
      Now I`m just trying to learn all I can about what I am going to have to do to retro fity it in my car.
      The motor turns out was from a Chevy dealer .

Comment

Originally posted by wolfen885 View Post
        This is my first post on this site. I have tried to search out as much as could find. Some of my guestions I could not find clear answers for. Here is the deal.
        I have a 1994 GTP , 187000 miles on it. Usual problems I`ve read here. Intake leaks , Oil leaks. Still running pretty good other wise.
        I just got a Crate motor , 91-95. As i have read here Doesn`t have the CPS sensor installed on the carrier. It does seem to have the place for it though and the mounting bolt hole drilled. The dealer i bought it from said he thought the Cam part numbers were the same. 1st. Guestion. Can I machine that sensor into the new carrier or do i have to use my old Cam carrier.
        2nd. Also whats involved in retro fitting the 24x crank sensor? 3rd. Is there anything else i should be aware of while trying to put this motor in the car?
        Any help would be appreciated
        So you are saying the new engine you bought doesn't have a spot for the 1x crank sensor on the cam carrier? If so, the engine you bought was a 91 - 93 crate motor which does not have that sensor on the top of the carrier. You can either convert your car to OBDI and use all the new parts on the new engine or swap cam carriers. The cam carriers will bolt up. I am not sure about the drilling a hole out, don't know to much about that. The 91 - 93 engine did not use the 24x crank sensor, so you would have to look by the crank to see if there is a bolt up for it. I am unsure if the 91 - 93 engines have the bolt up.

Comment

The cam won't have the nub (front intake). The crank won't have the 24x sensor either so you might have to swap the timing chain cover as well to get this all setup.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
          X