No announcement yet.

snow tires and steel rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a LQ1 auto lumi is probably over 3400 just to start...
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

sticker in the door reads 3232lbs i believe...

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

it might say that, but it isn't, trust me.

the difference in weight between a LQ1 and a LH0/L82 is ridiculous.

EDIT: wiki is saying ~3500...

Last edited by robertisaar; 12-26-2009, 03:01 PM.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

better resource, though i don't know which engine/transmission/option combo these cars have...

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

3269 and 3333lbs for a 90-94 lumi coupe and sedan.

and the 95-99 MC/95-01 lumi

HowStuffWorks has been explaining how things work to curious minds since 1998. Providing factual, unbiased content that's fun to read and makes difficult topics easy to understand.

3306 and 3330 for MC and Lumina.
          Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Originally posted by IsaacHayes View Post
            I run 185/75/14 in winter. Works like a dream even with all-seasons.

205's, forget it. Put the car in drive with FRESH all seasons on a flat road and took my foot off the brake. Yup, left wheel turning with the engine idling. (1650 stall). That winter I had to get a running start pulling out of parking lots with short lips/etc or it would just spin. Then I would be all over the main road. We have TONS huge of hills here, I had to take alternate routes as I would slow down then start going backwards... Now I run 225's so forget it.

But the 185 width on 14" steel wheels work great. I can go up the steepest hill even with worn tread and if I make it spin, it keeps pulling up.

Narrow tires in snow FTW! Yes 185 is too narrow than what the car needs (I think the V6 L bodies got 195) but it works so I stick with it. Even on dry pavement with the help of my suspension they do all right in the corners. I can keep up with traffic and then some which is amazing.
            I concur. When given the option of widths when I got my snow tires at Tire Rack in South Bend, I opted for the skinnies to enhance snow traction. The 91 always seemed to suck driving in the snow.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

mine goes like nuts in the snow with the tires i got. NOTHING stops it, ive yet to get stuck, and one night i backed the ass end into a ditch at my dads acerage and it still pulled it out with a few back and forth attempts. lol on a couple i accidentally went farther into the ditch too! haha

ill take mine to the truck scales sometimes soon and see what it says.

My Cardomain Page | My Random Online Gallery<- (Now Fixed)

Comment

Working...
              X