No announcement yet.

Crank sesnor, easiest way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hate having big guns, they do hinder ones performance for certain dealings with vehicles.
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

i hear that! I had a hard time fitting my arm down there.... then i remembered ive been single for 6+ months, the other arm fit down there fine lol

its tough reaching down there, i could touch the wire but not enough to squeeze the connector to release it... Ended up breaking it off toget the harness out when i did my OBDII swap.

S
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I am having the same issue I refuse to take the alt off! I will try the taped wrench option to see if I can get it out.
        I hate working on this thing!

Well I have good/bad news!
        YAHOOOOO I finally got the crank sensor off! I ended up making a tool to get the bolt off, first I found a rouge 10mm socket, I ha a wrench that I bent to kind match the angle at the bolt. I then welded the socket to the wrench and used taped another wrench to it. It took about 15 minutes to get the bolt completely out. I them taped the sensor to a prybar, slid it up and used a long extension to guide it into the hole and PRESTO it went in.

BAD NEWS the car still didn't start!! I give I am gonna take it to the dealer.
        Last edited by RUNDLC; 06-13-2010, 06:12 PM.

Comment

i know this thread is done.but i just have to.
          crank sensor removal-car on ramps,if no hoist available.long skinny flat screw driver,to pop clip on crank senor wiring plug.
          1/4 inch ratchet,12 inch extension,universal joint adapter,and socket for tiny bolt holding sensor.
          reach up beside exhaust down pipe,up over rack.whatch progress between engine and tranny.
          remove blolt.
          spray brake cleaner or carb cleaner on sensor(helps removal,comes in handy when sensor falls apart)
          with a set of 12 inch needle nose pliars,reach up the same way as removing the bolt,grip the end of the sesor and gently slide it out.
          same way putting it back in,only put tape on the head of the bolt to hold it in the socket.

sorry guys.i had to
          but who knows,maybe this will help somebody

Comment

Working...
          X