Gas filler pipe + how to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas filler pipe + how to?

Has anyone had to replace this? The pipe from the cap to the gas tank. I have one coming in the mail and mine is leaking now when I fill up my tank. What's the easiest way to replace it?

IIRC open the fuel door there should be a couple screws holding the spash guard in. take it out and you can access the bracket holding the top in... might have some sort of clamp on the filler neck to the tank down below, remove the clamp and slide a screw driver under the rubber to seporate it from the tank and it should come out.

Hope this helps.... again going off memory

S
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

this is a pain in the ass all you have to do is remove splash guard then remove upper mountig screws and loosen two hose clamps at the rubber hoses for the fiil tube and the vent tube (both are attached) and there may be one clamp holding the thing in. It is hard to get at the hoses and hose clamps because transverse rear leaf suspension gets in the way. once this is all off and hoses are broken free from tubing. you would think it"ll come out. IT WONT you must bend it and massage it---no wait you must FORCE it out and FORCE the new one in all the while weaving it through and into place while trying not to deform it or destroy too much of the coating. besides that it"s a breeze compared to other service procedures you will find for these vehicles.( dont get me wrong i LOVE these cars) hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
      X