Engine turns over but won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine turns over but won't start

Finished the rebuild of my 3.4 itcranks over but won't start. Fuel pump works have fuel at the fuel rail but no fuel getting to the engine to fire. Have SFI injection. Really puzzled on this .

Computer getting all the information it expects to see from the various sensors?
    ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

and how would i go about finding that out?

Comment

Originally posted by iceman4160 View Post
        and how would i go about finding that out?
        Connect a professional-grade scan tool to the ALDL. The scan tool will show all codes, along with a direct read-out of all the sensor information. Any sensor that isn't showing an acceptable/expected reading is suspect, along with the wiring harness connecting that sensor to the computer.

For that matter, it could also be on the output side; where the computer and wiring harness control injector pulsing and ignition timing--if the harness to the injectors isn't properly plugged in, the injectors won't get the signal that fires them, and the same for the ignition system.

Do you have proper cranking compression?
        Do you have fuel injectors that click when you crank the engine?
        Do you have spark?
        ^ some people may call this guy an asshole at times, but he isn't wrong very often -- Robert

Comment

thanks i will take a look at these items

Comment

Working...
          X