Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Box with injectors in it on my swapped 3.4 fiero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Box with injectors in it on my swapped 3.4 fiero?

So I bought a 3.4 swapped fiero and there is a box with 4 injectors in it attached to the wiring harness? Does anyone know why it would have this? I'm so confused. It also has a box with a 555 timer circuit wired to a switch, when the switch is on the engine doesn't run right but I think this defeats the passkey. The engine is a 94 Cutlass engine AFIK.
    Attached Files

The 555 timer on a switch is almost certainly a homemade VATS bypass.
    What ECU is in the car? That may explain why he has extra injectors wired up in a box... still a kludge but it sounds like it worked.
    sigpic
    "It's your car. Do with it what you wish, but as you enter this unknown world you will need to invent the wheel all over again. For the adventurous and those that are backyard mechanics who have nothing but time you might like this. Most have plenty of frustrating moments and the process usually takes significantly longer then what anyone could imagine. The end result of this conversion is completely up to you." - Jon McCullough of BMCautos.com

Comment

wow.....

what are the component values in the 555 circuit? that will determine what it's doing, and will give a good idea of why it's there.
      1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
      Latest nAst1 files here!
      Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

that is fricken weird... Even if it was the wrong harness with 4 injectors added that would make it a V10 lol... I have no idea why anyone would do that... I would also agree the 555 curcit is most likely for a VATS bypass. But IIRC the vats/passkey will let the car start for like 3 sec then dies... so it wouldnt make the car run bad it just wouldnt run. hard to say... where does the switch run to? (the 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th injector lol). have you unhooked the extra 4 injectors? does the car run correctly when you do?
        Shane "RedZMonte"
        2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
        1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
        -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
        2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
        1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
        1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
        1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
        1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

maybe they are there to fool something into thinking there is a load on them?
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I was thinking VATS, but firsthand experience agrees with Shane (even though my experience was more like 1-2 seconds, tops), but what would require a load to work and make the engine run smooth? I would rewire the sucker, if it were mine, and get that jerry rigged crap out of there. No offense, Jerry
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
            X