3.6L LLT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6L LLT

I could have sworn there was some discussion about this motor on here somewhere but can't find it.
    Is it a 60 deg motor? I see wiki has it listed as 54 deg? I wasn't sure where to put this but since it is a DOHC I thought I'd start here.

I only ask because 60degree was cutting edge back in late 90's when I started my passion for the 60 deg motors and since they are now everywhere....
    I was thinking of a blown version, remove the VVT, drop on a MS and I think an external trigger maybe needed... new motor for the "Drag Achieva"? The camaro mill puts out 300+ stock, I thought it a good starting point?
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

It's a 60. The High-Feature family is a clean-sheet design though, not an evolution of the previous 60's. I think you were looking at the wrong article. The 54 degree was a European engine used in some Saturns and Cadillacs.
    Jesse M.

3x 1990 Turbo Grand Prix
    1987 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe

Comment

ah that makes sense. I saw euro cars listed as vehicles with the motor.

Ben and Brad haven't bought one to tear apart yet? :P
      sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
      A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
      Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
      Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
      PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

Comment

Originally posted by 95SleeperAcheiva View Post
        ah that makes sense. I saw euro cars listed as vehicles with the motor.

Ben and Brad haven't bought one to tear apart yet? :P
        No, but I did order some parts for it awhile back to look at as options for the pushrod engines.

Brad via Tapatalk
        -Brad-
        89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
        sigpic
        Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
        X