Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stalling a nd missing

Just bought my 92 z34 with a 284.
    It seemed to have a miss at idle and sometimes took a while to start.
    Also had a hesitation during the power band. Trying to fix the startung problem I didnt hear the pump running, so I replaced it at 116k miles with an a/c delco pump. and filter. The in tank sock was black, and the filter seemed clogged, it helped with how fast the car started but still had a slight miss.
    So I pulled a plug out of it and found ngks in it.
    I recall from my last z that they seem to like nothing but delco plugs and wires, so I swapped the plugs for oe delco coppers.
    The power seems much smoother and the stalling is almost gone. Shifter into second seems much more powerful as well.

I figured I would share my findings..
    1992 z34 284 Stock Torch Red

2004 saturn ion redline: harrop tvs 1.3L s/c
    26 lbs of boost. Not so stock

yeah, GM DIS is pretty picky about what plugs it plays well with, so Delcos were probably a pretty good choice, though i would have went with the platinums recommended for later LQ1s, or maybe the iridium equivalents, assuming there are any.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

I'd recommend the Delco rapidfires. 88GTRacer

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use Rapidfires. I was actually considering trying a set of NGK V-Powers because I've had 3400's run great on them.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Auto lite copper core plugs iv found work best N/A and with boost or with an MSD box.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Working...
          X