RWD LQ1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
    I have seen that pic a few times over the years. Really wish someone would finish one
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I have seen that pic a few times over the years. Really wish someone would finish one
      bring me the car, I'll finish it...
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
        bring me the car, I'll finish it...

Well, I might have talked Ben into putting one in the Firebird, but someone had to go and buy the damned thing
        Links:
        WOT-Tech.com
        FaceBook
        Instagram

Comment

Well, I might have talked Ben into putting one in the Firebird, but someone had to go and buy the damned thing
          thirdgens are cheap enough! make it happen! I demand it!
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Originally posted by ericjon262 View Post
            thirdgens are cheap enough! make it happen! I demand it!
            Someone is buying the motor from Ben, not the car **ahem, ahem, pocket-rocket-cough-cough**
            Links:
            WOT-Tech.com
            FaceBook
            Instagram

Comment

Someone is buying the motor from Ben, not the car **ahem, ahem, pocket-rocket-cough-cough**
              He can have my 20k mile motor and clevite bearings if he wants.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtp237 View Post
                I found this bellhousing. It's supposed to be from 95-97 3800 f-body. It looks like you can mount it straight or angled. Is there any specific pros or cons to either mounting position?

Just going to jump in here real quick about this then I'll be out of the way...

I've been wondering just what it was my bell came out of when I did my T5 swap. Mine is exactly like that, and I need a dust/inspection/whatever cover for it... Anyone know exactly what this came from?

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick H1L View Post
                  Just going to jump in here real quick about this then I'll be out of the way...

I've been wondering just what it was my bell came out of when I did my T5 swap. Mine is exactly like that, and I need a dust/inspection/whatever cover for it... Anyone know exactly what this came from?

should be a 95-97 Camaro or Firebird with a 3800 and a 5 speed. I've also hear 2.2L 5 Speed S10 pickups use a similar bell.

Comment

Just throwing it out there. When I read the title of this on, I remembered seeing a rwd Z34 and googled it real quick. Not quite what you're going for but impressive non the less. Father/son project that basically dropped a 92 Z34 body onto a LS1 Trans Am. ZXX?

Comment

Originally posted by project 92z View Post
                      Just throwing it out there. When I read the title of this on, I remembered seeing a rwd Z34 and googled it real quick. Not quite what you're going for but impressive non the less. Father/son project that basically dropped a 92 Z34 body onto a LS1 Trans Am. ZXX?
                      Yeah. He's posted on here (forgot the title) and he's got videos on YouTube. Very cool project.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Greetings All, my first Post here was not an Introduction. I Apologize for the bad Forum Form. My name is Joe, I'm 42 have 4 wonderful kids 2 of which are grown and gone. The other two are in High School. I'm Divorced, have a Wonderful GF, and overall pretty good Life. I'm a member of MetalMeet.com but I'm not here to plug them. I sell my own line of Metal Shaping Tooling; english wheels, Planishing Hammers, Hand Tools, Dies and you name it, But I'm not here to try to Sell Anything. Cars I

Here's a link to that guy's build thread...
                        Tom....

Comment

Ya its too bad really, Here is another RWD 3.4 DOHC from awhile back.

Wonder if it ever got finished....

RWD 3.4 DOHC <<

shoppotos171.jpg
                          2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS (LX9-F23 swap soon!) Slowly acquiring parts!

Comment

Originally posted by walterdude View Post
                            http://www.ls1.com/forums/f75/ws6-fo...re-body-71662/

Here's a link to that guy's build thread...
                            Tom....
                            Seems like alot of work doing it that way no? Cut the car in half and what not .....

I like the way this guy did it

RWD GRAND PRIX
                            2000 Chevrolet Malibu LS (LX9-F23 swap soon!) Slowly acquiring parts!

Comment

both of those are badass! thanks for posting them!

Comment

Originally posted by Maple Leaf View Post
                                Seems like alot of work doing it that way no? Cut the car in half and what not .....

I like the way this guy did it

RWD GRAND PRIX
                                I just read all 16 pages of that thread, I like it

My plans for my car this summer make me wonder just how well the poor old 284 in my car is going to handle it :/
                                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

Working...
                                X