Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    oh.. well the intakes can be flipped on a 96-97. and whats wrong with the timing cover? (i feel like this is a stupid question but i dont know :P)

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    Fwd/transverse mounts have different locations than RWD.

I imagine you would need custom accessory brackets and I'm not sure if anyone has tried flipping the intakes 180* for a longitudinal mount scheme. You'd probably have to buy one and find out. You're stuck with the FWD timing cover since it's unique to that engine.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    im surprised no one has actually done this... and i thought the passenger side motor mount will bolt up, people put lq1s in cars that had a pushrod engine in it, so i would imagine they use the same mounts. i could be wrong though. only encounter i had with a dohc was when i had to add oil to a z34. never really looked one over.

Leave a comment:

• ericjon262
    started a topic RWD DOHC notes

RWD DOHC notes

so I'd been thinking about this for the past couple of days... I looked at this thread, but it didn't really go anywhere

so now, I figured we could start with an outline of the problems, I would like to do it into a Third Gen Camaro, or an S-10

problems:

motor mounts

accessory drive

intake manifolds

exhaust manifolds.

I don't really see any other problems, and those problems(except the accessory drive) to me sound pretty easy to overcome.

does the TDC use the same motor mount bosses that the RWD 60V6's use?

Any thoughts?
Working...
X