Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superdave
    replied
    No.... the pushrod blocks are different.

And with a tubular k member you have a ton of room to slide the engine forward to make clearance. I actually moved mine back closer to the firewall than a stock v6.

Leave a comment:

• icemanspecops
    replied
    I have wondered if the 3.4 DOHC heads can be put on a RWD 3.4 block? 3.4 crate motors are available so surely you can obtain a block. I would like to put one in my S-10 Blazer 4X4.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    sometimes it is not about how easy the job is because some people like a challenge. i think the swap would be cool just because the motor is different from the rest of the 60*s and it wasnt meant to go into a rwd car, but it has the same tranny bolt pattern. plus it seems like it hasnt been done.

Leave a comment:

• 1988GTU
    replied
    You'd have to turn the lim to get the uim to flip around.

I'd really like to have a RWD TDC car, but then why bother with that when the 2.3 Q4 can tuck in easier and make decent power with some power adder help.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    I think the lower is flippable. And can the tranny be moved forward? Someone told me that the engine and tranny can be moved closer to the radiator.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    The upper doesn't look reversible just looking at the bolt hole locations.

Leave a comment:

• Maple Leaf
    replied
    Originally posted by caffeine View Post
    In that last pic it says "hits firewall" "blocks heater core", and "no room for wiper motor". I'm assuming that's attached to a transmission in stock location but hard to tell anything other than that. Or maybe that's just where the stock oil pan clears the k-member.

Then again it looks to be about the right place for a V6 to fit.
    Yea I'm sure you could do a bit of modification though, The big deal is the intake and power steering pump. Is it possible to use a 96/97 intake but swap the UIM around only? There's no room for the thermostat housing without cutting the power steering bracket. Hard to tell by pictures, Wish I had one laying around to experiment on

DSC04659.jpgEngine34.jpg

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    RWD DOHC notes

In that last pic it says "hits firewall" "blocks heater core", and "no room for wiper motor". I'm assuming that's attached to a transmission in stock location but hard to tell anything other than that. Or maybe that's just where the stock oil pan clears the k-member.

Then again it looks to be about the right place for a V6 to fit.

Leave a comment:

• Maple Leaf
    replied
    Originally posted by SwiftDrift View Post
    in all reality, do you think you could pull off a 3.4 dohc powered thirdgen?

edit: without spending loads of cheeze?
    Anything is possible with a bit of time and of course cash haha.

DSC00622.jpg

CF0wk.jpg

Looks great in a F body though!

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    i am thinking the exact same thing. it would be nice if someone who abandoned their started project would just post their barrier, unless its just the lack of tools or money or something. i think it would be cool to do it just because no one else has, well someone might have but it hast been posted anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    It's probably possible... Hard to say without all the parts on hand. I'm sure there's a reason all RWD swaps seem to get abandoned I just would like to know what it is.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    in all reality, do you think you could pull off a 3.4 dohc powered thirdgen?

edit: without spending loads of cheeze?

Leave a comment:

• robertisaar
    replied
    with the 96-97 setup, might be able to get away with a custom TB arm only? i can't find that many good pics for reference, but the TB port on the intake should come out above the driver's side head.

with it in normal orientation, comes out just over the rear head.

Leave a comment:

• SwiftDrift
    replied
    damn i read about this on here somewhere, i think the dude made a spacer for the intake or something like that. im pretty sure they found a way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• caffeine
    replied
    If you look at the accessory brackets it puts the power steering pump right where the intake would be if it were flipped. I don't know if the power steering bracket is integrated into the timing cover like it is on the pushrod motors.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X