3.6l LLT FWD to RWD swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.6l LLT FWD to RWD swap

Apparently, the FWD and RWD 3.6l LLT engines have the same VIN engine digit. I would like to know if the FWD versions can be use in RWD configuration without breaking the bank.

3.6l LLT FWD to RWD swap

They have a unique bellhousing pattern so probably the most costly thing will be sourcing the appropriate transmission or building an adapter.
    '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
    '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
      They have a unique bellhousing pattern so probably the most costly thing will be sourcing the appropriate transmission or building an adapter.
      is the FWD bell different then the RWD bell? if not, just use a "camaro" transmission.
      "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

I meant that the engine family doesn't share a bellhousing with anything else. The only cars to get transmissions from are camaros and Cadillacs afaik. Around here there just aren't any in wrecking yards.
        '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
        '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

Originally posted by caffeine View Post
          I meant that the engine family doesn't share a bellhousing with anything else. The only cars to get transmissions from are camaros and Cadillacs afaik. Around here there just aren't any in wrecking yards.
          fair enough, but they are available, they'll just cost you about as much as the engine does.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
          X